    board. Any recommendation will be appreciated. Now running an
    antique. Don't want to spend any money on it.
    Thank You

    Marfa, Texas, Aug 9, 2004

  2. Marfa, Texas

    °Mike° Guest

    Don't do it; it will end up being more expensive in
    the long run, particularly if you run into hardware
    problems; they are more prone to failure, as there
    are more components all on the one board. Not to
    mention that your system will perform well below
    spec. for your selected CPU, and will be harder to
    expand/upgrade in the future. It's false economy,
    in my opinion.

    °Mike°, Aug 9, 2004

  3. Marfa, Texas

    Scribner Guest

    Wouldn't be cheaper to buy a used computer and put your hard drive
    into it? By the sound of it, you have wither a 486 or a Pentium. I
    bet that you can get a used PII or PIII for the price of a new
    motherboard, case, p/s and memory.

    Scribner, Aug 9, 2004
  4. Marfa, Texas

    Marfa, Texas Guest

    dis-re guard this post, I don't think I am getting through
    tks

    Marfa, Texas, Aug 9, 2004

  5. Must be that west Texas sun.

    NoMoreMrNiceGuy, Aug 10, 2004
  6. Marfa, Texas

    Billh Guest

    Well the first issue you will run in to is if the new mother board has
    drivers for Windows 98 if you pass that test then the rest of the stuff
    should work.

    But why do all that when around here BestBuy and the like sell computers
    with monitors and printers starting at 399.99 after rebate.

    Billh, Aug 10, 2004