    Received this FREE offer via email from starpower. I downloaded it but it
    froze when trying to open up web pages, so I uninstalled it. Anyone have
    any luck with this program?

    yepp, Oct 11, 2003

  2. yepp

    EricP Guest

    "lets you download Web pages up to 5 times faster"

    Har har har!!!

    Does that sound remotely likely?

    EricP, Oct 11, 2003

  3. Received this FREE offer via email from starpower. I downloaded it but it
    If you want to get a better connection, install a better modem and check
    your phone line for noise problems. Don't use cheap Winmodems.

    Alexander Rogge, Oct 11, 2003
  4. yepp

    jeroen Guest

    Hang on, you download something that's spamvertised?

    Are you that fond of spam that you want to encourage the spammers? And
    do you take your system's security so lightly that you install their
    shit?

    jeroen, Oct 11, 2003
  5. yepp

    °Mike° Guest

    1. NEVER reply/get sucked in by "Free offers" spam.

    2. Dial-up accelerators do NOT work, period.

    3. Scan your system with SpyBot and Ad-Aware, in case
    it has dropped malware.

    °Mike°, Oct 11, 2003
  6. yepp

    jeroen Guest

    Thanks, at least somebody else has heard of the Boulder pledge.
    Make that "to find the malware it has dropped"

    jeroen, Oct 11, 2003
  7. yepp

    Plato Guest

    Please contact the spammer you got it from. They will gladly fix the
    problem for you.

    Plato, Oct 12, 2003