  1. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    2 new definitions now out

    Julie P., Jun 16, 2005

  2. Julie P.

    Old Gringo Guest

    Old Gringo, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Julie P.

    joevan Guest

    Yep, thanks. I checked about an hour or so ago and nothing and now
    there it is. Updated just now.

    joevan, Jun 17, 2005
  4. Julie P.

    joevan Guest

    Just tried it and the only thing it reported was CWS
    Coolwebsearch Homepage and host stealers

    I don't think I should be concerned. Do you?

    joevan, Jun 17, 2005
  5. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Thanks George! I installed it. The only thing is there seems to be no way to
    do manual updates with this!

    Julie P., Jun 17, 2005
  6. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Do you have CWShredder installed?

    Julie P., Jun 17, 2005
  7. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    I just ran the check with XoftSpy and it didn't find anything. This is what
    I run right now:

    SpywareBlaster
    SpywareGuard
    CWShredder
    SpyBot Search & Destroy with Teatotaler and bad download blocks enabled
    Lavasoft Ad-Aware
    XoftSpy
    Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta1 (install, run, and uninstall once a week)

    All the above are free.

    I also run Trend-Micro Internet Security which comes with a free A-S
    component. This is paid.

    I think if you run the above freeware, you will not have spyware. Switching
    to Firefox also helps.

    Julie P., Jun 17, 2005
  8. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    oh, and Microsoft has a free AS tool which you can download and run
    automatically once a month via Windows Update.

    Julie P., Jun 17, 2005
  9. Your house isn't cluttered, is it?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 17, 2005
  10. Julie P.

    Old Gringo Guest

    If an update is available it checks at startup, and will get it then.

    Old Gringo, Jun 17, 2005
  11. Julie P.

    samuel Guest

    what don't you have ? that would be a shorter list ?

    samuel, Jun 17, 2005
  12. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Uhhh...how did you guess? :)

    J.

    Julie P., Jun 17, 2005
  13. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    thanks George, but I do not have it run at start-up. I have enough things
    running at start up as it is. :)

    J.

    Julie P., Jun 17, 2005
  14. Julie P.

    joevan Guest

    Yes and it has never found anything. Just wondering why xoftspy found
    it and spybot s&d did not. Then maybe I have exempted it in spybot. I
    will check next time I run it.

    joevan, Jun 17, 2005
  15. Julie P.

    joevan Guest

    Maybe he means when you start it. At startup by yourself?

    joevan, Jun 17, 2005
  16. Julie P.

    Old Gringo Guest

    Sorry, I meant when you manually start it for a check. Each time you
    start Xoftspy, it checks home base for an update similar to the Yahoo
    toolbar spy.

    Old Gringo, Jun 17, 2005
  17. Julie P.

    Old Gringo Guest

    That is exactly what I meant. I need to practice my English as to be
    better understood. :)

    Old Gringo, Jun 17, 2005
  18. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest