New slim camera recommendations please

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Vass, Nov 10, 2005.

  1. Vass

    Vass Guest

    Hi All

    Have been using a Kodak DC3400 for a couple of years and I have to say I'm
    very pleased with the results - however, shutter lag is a pain and the size
    means I prefer to leave it at home rather than take it for the chance photo
    opportunities

    So, 40th birthday round the corner

    I'd like a Digital SLR but for the moment the budget won't stretch that far

    So I'd like a Digital Camera thats fits all or most of the following
    slim enough to put in my pocket,
    takes rechargable batteries
    no preference to Memory type,whatever you recommend really
    Mechanical zoom if possible
    Much better reduction in shutter lag
    huge screen on back (at least 1.8)
    Viewfinder
    Some manual setting ability

    Budget < £ 175

    Thanks in advance

    Vass, Nov 10, 2005

  2. Vass

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    All digital cameras use rechargeable batteries. If you're looking for a
    digital camera that uses AA batteries, you should consider dropping that
    requirement. There are dozens of cameras that meet your criteria. Check
    http://www.dpreview.com and a good local camera store for ideas.

    Shawn Hirn, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Gautam Majumdar, Nov 11, 2005