    wireless-connected laptop. I must confess that I am a mere Mechanical
    Engineer, not a computer geek, but I am embarrassed and totally frustrated
    that I cannot do something that should be so simple.

    Guest, Oct 29, 2005

  2. Guest

    Webbie Guest

    You can test whether or not firewalls are causing the problem by
    temporarily turning
    them all off. Don't forget to turn them all back on after the short
    test. Of course, if the firewall is the problem, you will need to
    configure it. Screenshots of the areas in Norton Internet Security that
    should be configured are at
    http://screenshots.leeindy.com/nis_personal-firewall_configure_networking.shtml
    and
    http://screenshots.leeindy.com/nis_personal-firewall_configure_advanced-general.shtml

    Run the Home Network Setup Wizard found in Norton Internet Security on
    the Networking tab (Wizard button at bottom right).
    http://screenshots.leeindy.com/nis_personal-firewall_configure_networking.shtml
    The Home Network Setup Wizard will add your nic to the trusted zone.

    If you are using different firewalls, add the ip address subnet
    192.168.2.0 into your firewalls trusted zone. You should then be able
    to access shares on both computers.

    Webbie, Oct 30, 2005

  3. Guest

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    As indicated above if you have software Firewall you have to change the IP
    range of the Trusted Computers. http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Oct 31, 2005