    Is there any way I can get the drive recognised again or di I have to
    start from scratch?

    TIA

    Cheeky, Jun 2, 2008

  2. Cheeky

    Rob Morley Guest

    Are you sure that's what it's saying? I'd have thought it was much
    more likely that the drive mapping is messed up and the PC thinks
    it needs to create a file system because it's not talking to the SC101
    properly.
    Why not configure the new router to use the same LAN settings as the old
    one. Or am I missing something?

    Rob Morley, Jun 3, 2008

  3. If you run the management software it will look to build some more
    drives on what ever bit of disk is left on the drives. So it may look
    like it wants to start from scratch, the there is a drive(s) there.

    Don C

    Donald Campbell, Jun 3, 2008
  4. Cheeky

    Cheeky Guest

    That's definitely what it was saying. However... it seems a reboot, a
    detach and a re-attach has sorted the problem.

    Must admit I'm slightly disappointed in the way all this works. I'd
    assumed it would just sit on the network as a network drive without
    having to install software on all client PCs. Should have done my
    homework a bit better!
    Didn't think of that. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Cheeky, Jun 3, 2008
  5. Cheeky

    Cheeky Guest

    Thanks Don. Seems to be sorted now.