New Realtek network drivers for Vista x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Aug 21, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Aug 21, 2007

  2. Good. These are definitely needed. Any feedback on them yet?

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 21, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Charlie:
    I don't have any feedback because my motherboard is NVidia based.
    I just updated the XP release of these drivers, also dated yesterday, in my
    "old" notebook running XP x86.
    Carlos

    Guest, Aug 21, 2007
  4. I've got at least one mobo with a RealTek in it. And a couple of standalone
    cards as well. Though I'm moving to buying only Intel GigE cards going
    forward. Too many issues with both RealTek and Broadcom. And I don't use
    NVidia.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 21, 2007
  5. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    How did the drivers work for you? I installed them in Vista64 and couldn't
    connect. When I tried contacting the modem, I was informed that intranet
    had been turned off and did I want to turn it on. I selected to go ahead,
    not knowing why that would be necessary, but that fixed the connection
    problem. Not sure if it is because my internet connection requires that it
    be connected to a wired port (one of the 4 usually connected to a wired
    computer) that is not the usual internet port (left open).

    John Barnes, Aug 21, 2007
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    John:
    No problems down here with XP x86 networking.
    Carlos

    Guest, Aug 21, 2007
  7. I've been using them since they came out a few days ago. They
    work for me on SBS, XP Pro, and Vista x64. I'm using generic
    Realtek NICs in NVidia motherboards. Even tried using their
    installer. No problems with any of the 'normal' boxes, but had
    to manually install one of the SBS cards--guess it thought it
    was done after installing card 0.

    Flatus

    Flatus Ohlfahrt, Aug 21, 2007