    power supply. This is the power cable. If either of these two cables were
    to come loose, your system would not be able to read from the hard drive,
    and you would get the "Operating System Not Found" error message.

    =The Anti-n00b=, Jan 3, 2004

  2. LeAnn

    LeAnn Guest

    Oh LOL. Well it's not the first time I've been wrong.

    LeAnn

    LeAnn, Jan 3, 2004

  3. LeAnn

    Hank Guest

    OK Leann it's real simple.First, read and I repeat, READ the advice your
    given here. Then if you feel comfortable following it, follow it. If your
    not comfortable, take the friggin thing back to Wallmart. If you do follow
    it and it doesn't work, take the friggin thing back to Wallmart. Doing
    anything other than either one of those two options is foolish!

    I'm done, I give up. Good Luck and oh, good luck to you guys too.

    Hank

    Hank, Jan 3, 2004
  4. LeAnn

    Trent© Guest

    On a brand new purchase, they would have probably taken the machine
    back.

    Does that answer yer question? lol

    Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...

    Trent

    Trent©, Jan 3, 2004
  5. LeAnn

    Trent© Guest

    'Cause she probably voided the warranty already! lol

    Trent©, Jan 3, 2004
  6. LeAnn

    mark mandel Guest

    Because this appears to be some as yet unresolved BIOS related issue and
    because you were misadvised by the HP support "tech" to undo startup apps,
    all the more reason to return that computer! Unless you get lucky with
    advice dispensed by someone on this group(or elsewhere)you're just groping
    in the dark.

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandel, Jan 3, 2004
  7. LeAnn

    LeAnn Guest

    I want to thank everyone here for their advice and putting up with my
    stupid questions. I'm taking the computer back today and getting a
    replacement. I'd just get my money back if I thought I could find a
    better computer for $500. But I doubt that (unless I get one without a
    monitor). If anyone knows of any good 'package' pc's for around $500
    let me know! Thanks again.

    LeAnn

    LeAnn, Jan 3, 2004
  8. LeAnn

    Thor Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/qqyh

    Find one right here.

    Thor, Jan 3, 2004
  9. LeAnn

    LeAnn Guest

    Well I wish I would have seen your post before I went and exchanged it!
    Oh well at least I'll know in case this one stops working. I took the
    other one back and they were out of HP's so I got a Compaq, it's
    basically the same (HP makes Compaqs right?) but it was $50 cheaper, oh
    and it works too LOL. So as long as this one keeps working I guess I'll
    stick with it for a while. Thanks.

    LeAnn

    LeAnn, Jan 3, 2004
  10. LeAnn

    Thor Guest

    Compaq or HP? one was just as bad as the other even before HP bought Compaq,
    IMHO. Hope you have better luck this time, though.

    Thor, Jan 3, 2004
  11. LeAnn

    LeAnn Guest

    The one I'm keeping is the Compaq just because it happens to work and
    I'm tired of messing with it. Only thing is, I didn't notice is has
    less RAM than the HP. Guess I know where I'll be spending that $50 I
    saved on this computer!

    LeAnn

    LeAnn, Jan 3, 2004
  12. LeAnn

    Speedy Petey Guest

    Don't feel bad, I've been known to be wrong on an hourly basis.

    Speedy Petey, Jan 3, 2004