new pc, what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by kwijlebabulus, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. hello

    I want to build a new pc.
    I buy the components myself and put them together

    This is what i tought might be a good combination:

    CPU: PIV 3000
    Mainboard: AsusP4 5800D
    Memory 512mb DDR PC3200
    Grafics Aopen geforce FX5200 128MB
    Tower Aopen H500 300W silten run

    Someone has experience with this?
    What would you change?

    And some queqtions i hve:
    Memory: crosshair or DDR ram?
    Grafics: radeon or geforce (for occasionel playing!!) mostly for
    pictures and acad use

    It would be nice to hear /read your opinions bout this combination

    Tia

    kwijlebabulus

    kwijlebabulus, Jul 13, 2004

  2. kwijlebabulus

    Stuart Guest

    What about an Athlon, there is nothing wrong with them plus they are
    cheaper.
    Mobo compatible with AMD.
    Don't you mean Corsair, which is a brand of DDR Ram anyway.
    This all depends on your budget and whether you want tv output and that
    sort of stuff.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jul 27, 2004

  3. This:
    I don't suppose you'd buy me a setup like that? :)

    Black Baptist, Aug 31, 2004
  4. Oh yea one more thing it's my keyboard and time and I'll post to whatever
    whenever I wish. I defy you to stop me! LOL

    Black Baptist, Sep 1, 2004
  5. kwijlebabulus

    JK Guest

    Why not use dual Opterons instead?

    JK, Sep 1, 2004
  6. kwijlebabulus

    relic Guest

    relic, Sep 1, 2004
  7. Gogik the fink-frizzler rambled on in alt.os.windows-xp:
    That's old? I thought you ment like it was 2 years old dough head!

    Black Baptist, Sep 8, 2004