    400FSB MSI board, but don't know whether I should get it or not?? Anyone
    know?

    Winston.

    Winston, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Winston

    Robert Baer Guest

    I prefer external modems; the one i got was "surplus" as it seems all
    of the modem companies have died: Hayes, US Robotics, etc.
    Any clue as to if anyone still makes them?

    Robert Baer, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Winston

    Bob Strong Guest

    Me too. I use a Diamond Express USB and love it. Got it for $38 some time
    ago and can't find anymore!

    Winston.

    Bob Strong, Oct 17, 2003
  4. Winston

    Michael-NC Guest

    I just installed a Creative modem in a XP box and it caused the machine to
    hang when rebooted.

    YMMV.

    Michael-NC, Oct 18, 2003
  5. Winston

    Trent© Guest

    MSI is junk...period. Always has been...and probably always will be.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Certified breast self-exam subcontractor.

    Trent©, Oct 18, 2003
  6. Winston

    Trent© Guest

    :)

    Trent©, Oct 18, 2003
  7. Winston

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    I highly disagree with this statement. My MSI GeForce 4 is one of the best
    cards I have ever owned. It overclocks from 285/550 to 310/675 with no
    additional cooling or modifications.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 18, 2003
  8. Winston

    Trent© Guest

    Sorry...I meant mainboards.

    Trent©, Oct 19, 2003
  9. Winston

    Thor Guest

    I disagree with that. I have used lots of MSI boards. Only had a problem
    with two, and that was the capacitor issue that affected many brands not
    just MSI.

    Thor, Oct 19, 2003
  10. Winston

    Trent© Guest

    From sales figures I've seen, I'd say there's hundreds of thousands
    that disagree with me...

    ....at least, initially.

    Trent©, Oct 20, 2003
  11. Winston

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Sales show popularity of a product. Just because few people buy it doesn't
    mean it is trash. Marie Calender frozen dinners are probably the best "TV
    Dinner" you can buy in a food store, yet they have abismal sales because no
    one wants to pay $3.99 for one when they can get a 2 pound Oncor or a 1
    pound Hungryman for half that price.

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 20, 2003
  12. Winston

    Winston Guest

    I don't use XP. Never have, never will..........Linux or Win
    2000.........They can take their "rent" payment and stick it where the modem
    goes.

    Winston, Oct 20, 2003
  13. Winston

    Winston Guest

    Interesting. I've built a few boxes, not as many as you, but quite a few.
    Half are MSI, all going strong, and Asus and Epox. I prefer the Epox and the
    MSI over the Asus any day. My opinion, of course.

    Winston

    Winston, Oct 20, 2003
  14. Winston

    Thor Guest

    What "rent" payment are you referring to?

    Thor, Oct 20, 2003
  15. Winston

    Winston Guest

    Your temporary license to use said product....

    Winston, Oct 20, 2003
  16. Winston

    Michael-NC Guest

    Errr, there is no temporary licence.

    A XP Home license and CD can be had for as little as 77.00

    Michael-NC, Oct 20, 2003
  17. Winston

    Thor Guest

    What exactly do you consider "temporary" about it? I've been using a
    licensed copy of WinXP since it was put on the market in '01, and I've not
    had to pay one cent over the original price, to use it. The licensing is no
    different from that of Win2k or many other previous versions. The only
    difference is the product activation which enforces a
    1-licensed-copy-per-machine rule which existed long before XP was
    introduced.

    Thor, Oct 21, 2003
  18. Winston

    Winston Guest

    I suggest you read the license agreement..........They can revoke your right
    to use the OS for many reasons. There is more to this than "activation".

    Winston

    Winston, Oct 21, 2003
  19. Winston

    Michael-NC Guest

    That's been true of _all_ the Windows EULA's and true of almost _any_
    software EULA.

    Just get over it.

    Michael-NC, Oct 21, 2003
  20. Winston

    Thor Guest

    Then I suggest you read *all* the windows licensing agreements. There is
    nothing really unique to WinXP in that manner. And they aren't going to
    suddenly come out and charge periodic fees to continue using XP. To do so
    would be ludicrous, and wouold cause an immediate backlash from the
    customers. MS may be many things, but they aren't that stupid. I suggest
    that you take a vacation from paranoia land for awhile.

    Thor, Oct 21, 2003