    messages to be seen!

    Even the unread counter at the bottom right reads zero, am I missing
    something or is this a bug?

    Moo, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Moo

    Andy Luddy Guest

    Two possibilities occur to me:

    It may be telling you that there is mail available on the server, but
    not downloading it automatically. Look at Tools / Account Settings /
    Server Settings, and see if you have "Check for messages at startup"
    checked, but "Automatically download new messages" unchecked. If that's
    the case, clicking Get Mail may show you the 5 new messages.

    - or -

    If you have junk mail controls or mail filters that mark delete messages
    and mark them unread without you're seeing them, then the initial check
    may not be noticing that the new messages are all destined to be filtered.

    Andy Luddy, Sep 15, 2006

  3. Moo

    Steve in NC Guest

    I would guess you got to re-read re-set your email scanning thingey...
    when you click download and there's nothing there, check the trash file,
    chances are you're just dumping stuff

    jmho cause I know nuttin :)

    Steve in NC, Sep 16, 2006
  4. Moo

    Adam Guest

    I had the same problem but got help from GWTC, What it does is say there
    are new messages on the server but you have not told TB to download
    them, therefore it will keep telling you there are new unread messages.

    Andy Luddy is quite right,

    Goto Tools>Account settings>This will bring up your email accounts>under
    each account(s) click on server settings>then make sure there is a tick
    next to "Automatically download new messages"> Click "Get MAil" and that
    should download the messages.

    That should solve your problem.

    Adam

    Adam, Sep 16, 2006
  5. Moo

    gwtc Guest

    if that doesn't work, then Compact the Folders {under File}. If that
    doesn't work, then close TB, and using your file manager, locate the
    *.msf files within the mail section of the TB profile. Once found,
    delete them, then restart TB.

    to find your TB profile you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

    but if you're using windows then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    --
    It comes to the end of Bill Gates long, successful life, he finds
    himself in the Purgatory waiting room, when God enters . . . "Well,
    Bill," says God, "I'm confused. I'm not sure whether to send you to
    Heaven or Hell: you helped society enormously by putting a computer in
    almost every home in the world, and yet you've also created some of
    the most unearthly frustrations known to mankind. I'm going to do
    something I've never done before: I'm going to let you choose where
    you want to go." Bill replies, "Well, thanks, God. What's the
    difference between the two?" God says, "I'm willing to let you visit
    both places briefly to help you make your decision." "Okay, where
    should I go first?" asks Bill. God says, "That's up to you." Bill
    says, "OK, let's try Hell first." So Bill goes to Hell. It's a
    beautiful, clean, sandy beach with clear waters. There are thousands
    of beautiful women running around, playing in the water, laughing and
    frolicking about. The sun is shining, the temperature is just right.
    The whole thing looks perfect, and Bill is very pleased. "This is
    great!" he tells God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!"
    "Fine," says God, and off they go . . . to be continued!

    gwtc, Sep 16, 2006
  6. Moo

    Moo Guest

    Thanks to all! Sorted now!