New Linksys WRT-54GL Newbie Help

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by pharmacymsp, Jul 4, 2008.

  1. pharmacymsp

    pharmacymsp

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Please Help.....

    I just purchased a new linksys wrt-54gl. The router works and my computer connects okay, but when I open Mozilla Firefox it says "page cannot be displayed." Same is true for Internet Explorer. When I use another wireless connection everything works fine. I also noticed that this same thing happens whenever I try to connect at Panera Bread Co. to use their free Wifi.

    Computer: Sony PCG-K45
    Windows XP
    Mozilla Firefox
    Norton 360

    I disabled the firewalls (both norton & firefox) thinking that this may not be hindering communication. **Also, when I run the Linksys startup disc it is not "recognizing an internet connection" even when the computer is already connected to the linksys???

    I'm a newbie and need some help.

    Any and all suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated.

    pharmacymsp, Jul 4, 2008