    very careful about static electricity. Very careful to be delicate
    with the board. All nylon spaces etc. are there.

    Any ideas?

    walterbyrd, Aug 10, 2003

  2. walterbyrd

    walterbyrd Guest

    No. But it worked out of the case. Why would work out of the case but
    not in the case?

    walterbyrd, Aug 11, 2003

  3. walterbyrd

    walterbyrd Guest

    I think you may be onto something. Remember this woman is brand new to
    this stuff. Practically never touched the inside of a PC before. She
    has a friend helping her, but he is not much better.

    She is smart, and she follows directions well, and I honestly believe
    that she did her very best to be careful. She doesn't think she did
    anything wrong. But. . .

    Remember, I'm only on the phone. Can't see anything, can't touch
    anything.

    Oh yea, she took the mobo back out of the case, re-tried the same test
    that worked before, only this time the mobo acts the same as when it
    was in the case. One beep then turns off.

    walterbyrd, Aug 11, 2003
  4. walterbyrd

    walterbyrd Guest

    Thing is, I had her take the mobo back out, re-test it the same as she
    did before - only this time it work as it did before. I guess she
    broke it. *sigh* another $120 down the tubes.

    walterbyrd, Aug 11, 2003