    test answers into your brain?

    Sincerely,
    Rick

    rick_gocougs, Feb 17, 2004

  2. I couldn't be more pleased. I took the whole series of .net classes, and
    I've learned a ton. They really do teach you how to think like a developer.
    They seem to be genuinely concerned with your success - even after they
    have your money.

    That being said, they don't just teach to the test. You have to fill in some
    blanks on your own. Taking their classes doesn't automatically prepare you
    for the test. The tests cover plenty of the material that wasn't part of the
    curriculum, but that's more an issue with Microsoft's curriculum and tests.
    See the skills being tested page at www.microsoft.com/traincert to determine
    what's tested vs. what's covered.

    My instructors were excellent. Helpful, patient and approachable. Consider
    this: New Horizons trains so many corporate clients that have no interest in
    having their developers take tests; they want their developers to be good
    developers. They'd be out of business if it was a braindumping bootcamp. My
    classes were a mix of career changers, hobbyists, and experienced top-gun
    developers. Everyone walked away having learned something.

    Brunswick Lowe, Feb 17, 2004

  3. They teach the Microsoft classes. If you learn well in classes, you will
    learn a lot of material that is helpful even outside the test. They do not
    pound answers into your head.

    Much of the class is lab exercises. I would still take sample tests prior to
    the real one, to gauge where you are.

    My experience: Some classroom teachers at places like New Horizons are
    great, others follow the MS material to the nines. You get something out of
    both, but the great teachers really make it come alive. In either case, you
    will get the core, which will get you far into the MS view of the .NET
    world, which is necessary to pass.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Feb 17, 2004
  4. Ask to see if you could Audit a class for a day. This way you can see
    exactly what happens, and get a feel for what they do. I believe that
    they'll do that for no charge, no obligation.

    Brunswick Lowe, Feb 17, 2004