    So here goes, rebooting into knoppix live dvd ! ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 23, 2011

  2. Success ! ;) =D

    I am now very happy that I went through all the trouble of making this
    knoppix live dvd !

    It was well worth the effort to do it perfectly ! ;) =D

    Knoppix worked like a charm straight out of the box so to say, straight out
    of the DVD ! ;) =D

    I went nice fullscreen 1920x1200, seem to detect my x-fi though I didn't
    test it.

    And it connected to the internet just fine !

    The chromo browser was also kinda impressive but unexpected, I expected
    other/more browser to be present.

    No basic java support in chromo though.

    But this Knoppix DVD makes me very happy ! It's pretty good for browsing the
    internet/world wide web from a DVD !

    It can also access all 4 drives without breaking a sweat !

    So I could/can use Knoppix DVD to access my files even if Windows screws up
    totally !

    A nice comforting thought ! I might even consider installing Knoppix on a
    harddisk, but there are probably better distro's.

    Knoppix did seem a bit messy/peculiar in it's software pick but ok... for a
    freeby it's real nice.

    I consider this DVD as important as the Windows XP 64 bit DVD and therefore
    I stored Knoppix right next to it in a save place ! ;) =D

    This is one of the best DVD's I ever made ! ;) I am very proud to have it
    too ! ;) =D

    And I can highly recommend that all computer users make a Knoppix DVD as an
    emergency backup ! ;) =D

    Yeah for Knoppix ! Boooooo for Microsoft ! ;) =D

    I even sing it's name: "Knoppi Knoppi Knoppiiiieee" ! ;) =D

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 23, 2011

  3. I tell you one more thing:

    "KNOPPI MAKES ME HAPPY !!!" :) =D

    That should be it's slogan !

    KNOPPIX MAKES ME HAPPY ! :) =D

    Bye,
    Skybucckkkkk =D

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 23, 2011
  4. Oh yeah one more thing:

    Knoppix would be even more perfect if it had a Free Pascal Compiler/Linker
    with it...

    I will probably definetly make a version available of my file transfer tools
    or so for knoppix... it might come in handy in the future.. at least for me
    and maybe for others ! ;)

    Though for now I have no real other system to transfer big files to... so
    for now it will have to wait.. but in the future, you bet ! ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 23, 2011
  5. Yeah right like I installed windows by myself by pretending to be a
    processor.

    No can do buddy.

    There is only one to blame here and that's Microsoft.

    Bye,
    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 23, 2011
  6. Your claims are interesting though.

    I do wonder if it was linux who caused you to be lucky.

    Please tell us more about your installation experience:

    1. Which operating systems did you install ?

    2. And in what order ?

    Me just two:

    Windows XP x64 Edition
    and
    Windows Seven 7 x64 Edition.

    No linux.

    I think and am pretty sure, that your Linux saved you.

    Or you got really lucky.

    Also:

    3. To what disks did you install what in which order ?! ;)

    If you can't even explain that then don't bother trying because it's
    obviously above your head.

    The number of complexities in this story and these questions are probably
    already enough to scare you off.

    Now be a good boy, and go back to your lucky installation.

    And leave these real problems, to real people, who really care about it ! ;)
    =D

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 23, 2011
  7. "George Neuner" wrote in message

    "
    Did you mark the new OS partition bootable? Format does not do that
    automatically.
    "

    You have never installed Windows 7 have you ?

    Otherwise you'd know that these kind of "advanced" options are not available
    from the retarded installation program.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 24, 2011
  8. By all of your posts, which you have abused these groups with over the
    past two years (or more), I'd say that the fact that you know what the
    word "complexity" means and can write it, in no way indicates that you
    have any capacity to handle any of life's actual, real complexities.

    In fact, your posts prove quite the opposite. Especially that one
    where you admit that you may have turned your machine off while it was
    not only performing an HD write, but one that was in the middle of a
    system update. And yet you are unable to connect the dots that point to
    the problem you have being 100% your fault.

    So, what you are is a very complex IDIOT! And nothing more.

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Sep 24, 2011
  9. Skybuck Flying, Sep 24, 2011
  10. SUCCESS !!

    This one little command has averted/prevented dissaster:

    bcdboot C:\Windows /s C:

    The new harddisks containing windows 7 can now boot without the old
    harddisks !

    Thank god !

    This one little command save the day ! ;) =D

    Microsoft has re-deemed itself a little bit....

    I shall continue using Microsoft software for now ! ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 24, 2011
  11. Skybuck Flying

    GMAN Guest

    Dont you mean "stealing"?

    GMAN, Sep 24, 2011
  12. "GMAN" wrote in message

    "
    Dont you mean "stealing"?
    "

    No, it's giving ! ;) =D

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 25, 2011
  13. If that's what happened then it's again Microsoft at fault.

    There was absolutely no indication that any update was going on when I
    booted the system !

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 25, 2011
  14. Skybuck Flying

    Quadibloc Guest

    What about those little black things on the pins on the hard drive
    that you move over to change the disk from "slave" to "master"?

    John Savard

    Quadibloc, Sep 25, 2011
  15. Skybuck Flying

    FatBytestard Guest

    Then why did you make the retarded remark in your very first Usenet
    newsgroup abusing post?

    Oh, that's right. You are so goddamned stupid that you do not know
    from one moment to the next what is going on, so you go through life
    blaming anything but yourself for your utterly stupid behavior.

    YOU are the problem. Period.

    FatBytestard, Sep 25, 2011
  16. Boy, you have been out of the loop too long. SkyTard Crying has more
    on the ball than you.

    That is a huge indictment against you claiming to be intelligent.

    There have not been selection jumpers on hard drives for years.
    Literally.

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Sep 25, 2011
  17. Skybuck Flying

    Quadibloc Guest

    Well, I know you can put the black thing in a third place that lets
    the drive automatically decide.

    And then there _are_ the new SATA drives which don't have this.

    But it seemed like an obvious mistake that he could have made...
    _unlike_ the one someone else cited: of course your computer won't
    boot from your second drive until you've installed an operating system
    on that drive. I didn't think to consider even Skybuck making _that_
    mistake.

    John Savard

    Quadibloc, Sep 25, 2011
  18. If you had any brain parts at all you would know I was just guessing, there
    is no real proof of what happened.

    It could have been updating, or it could not have, and it could have hanged.

    If it was the later, I could have waited for ever ;)

    Such logic requires at least an IQ of 5 ! LOL.

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D :p

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 25, 2011
  19. "Quadibloc" wrote in message

    "
    What about those little black things on the pins on the hard drive
    that you move over to change the disk from "slave" to "master"?
    "

    Those are not needed anymore ;)

    They are not even present ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 25, 2011
  20. Skybuck Flying

    TheJoker Guest

    Yet you are apparently too stupid to know that you can 'order' your
    drives from within the bios such that no matter what actual positions
    they are on or their respective I/O ports, they can be presented to the
    observing system in any order.

    Mine does, and it is 7 years old.

    Get a clue, little boy. YOU broke your system... AGAIN.

    TheJoker, Sep 25, 2011