    XP set in C: drive?

    Hope the above has made sense

    Thank you

    Oz, Sep 21, 2003

  2. Howdy!

    Yes - C: was already taken by that drive.
    Yep.

    1) Remove ALL old drives.

    2) Boot off of the XP install CD, and go through install to where
    you can delete the partition.

    3) Shut the machine off.

    4) Reboot off the XP install CD, and install XP.

    Problem solved!

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Sep 21, 2003

  3. Oz

    ilmc Guest

    Oz typed:
    Probably the quickest way is to put your new drive as the only drive ( as
    primary;master) and do a new instal of xp, then add your old drive. Or did
    you want to dual boot?

    ilmc, Sep 21, 2003
  4. Oz

    Oz Guest

    Thanks for the reply.
    I don't want to dual boot. But I do want to keep some data from my old
    drive.
    When I installed XP on my new drive, I installed from boot disk.
    I really don't want to go though the installation procedure again! :(
    Will I encounter problems with my main drive being called G:?

    Oz, Sep 21, 2003