    Subject: UVV: Daily RFD, PQ, and CFV status report (2004/08/26)
    From: (Automated UVV Post)
    Newsgroups: news.groups

    news.announce.newgroups Posting Queue
    Wednesday, August 25, 2004
    RFD: rec.photo.dslr
    Total articles: 1

    ittsy, Aug 26, 2004

  2. ittsy

    Steve Young Guest

    *good* *eye*

    This may well spell doom to rec.photo.equipment.35mm ?

    Perhaps it's a name change to get a new charter? ;)

    Be interesting to see whose names show up on it

    Thanks for the 'heads up'

    :)x

    --
    One thing you can guarantee, though: if you don't try, you'll never
    have to find out it might have succeeded, and you can be very smug

    Steve Young, Aug 26, 2004

  3. ittsy

    Thad Guest

    Nonsense. Discussion of film cameras would be considered off-topic in
    RPDSLR.
    You have a very speculative imagination.
    My name will appear on the RFD. I am the proponent.

    Before you form any opinions about RPDSLR, you should wait until after
    you read the actual proposal. The RFD will be posted in news.groups,
    news.announce.newgroups, rec.photo.equipment.35mm, and RPD. Give it a
    few days.

    Thad, Aug 26, 2004
  4. ittsy

    Alan Meyer Guest

    Thad,

    I see the benefit of this to people who are only and specifically
    interested in DSLRs, not in digital photography in general.

    There is a downside however for people interested in both
    because now they'll have two groups to check for what, to
    them, is one subject.

    Alan

    Alan Meyer, Aug 26, 2004
  5. ittsy

    Thad Guest

    Thank you for your feedback, Alan, The NAN moderators should be posting
    the approved request for discussion (RFD) here soon. Please look out for
    the official RFD announcement here in RPD, and then join us in
    news.groups for the discussion. The more, the merrier. Thanks in
    advance.

    Thad, Aug 26, 2004
  6. ittsy

    Thad Guest

    The RFD is now posted.

    Thad, Aug 27, 2004
  7. I seem to have missed the beginning of this thread but would a camera
    with an electronic viewfinder be considered a fit subject for this new
    group?

    James Silverton, Aug 27, 2004
  8. ittsy

    Charles Guest

    From the "operative definition" he provides, it appears it would be a
    subject if it had an interchangable lens. It seems the group actually
    is for discussion of interchangable lens digital cameras rather than
    DSLR's.

    Charles, Aug 27, 2004