    should concentrate on sitting the new exams for the new Technology,
    Professional and Architect Series.

    Any recommendations?

    Guest, Oct 27, 2005

  2. Depending on how far along you are with the MCSD exams, I would try to
    complete it, or atleast complete the MCAD, and continue with the upgrade
    exams.

    Upgrade from MCAD to the new professional developer windows/web cert. is
    only 1 exam, compared to the regular 3. And the upgrade to professional
    developer distributed app. is 2 exams compared to the regular 5.

    btw. Am i the only one to think it's strange there is no 'product' exam
    required for the pro. dev. distr. app?

    Paul van Brenk
    MCSD .Net
    MCDBA

    Paul van Brenk, Oct 27, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    What have I missed now?

    From what Ive heard MS is keeping the MCP,MCAD, MCSD cert. But are
    introducing a architect cert. where the test procedure is quite different.
    You will have to explain in front of a commitee a solution to a spesific
    case. This cert. will be the ultimate of all certs. and will probably be
    really expensive.

    Best regards Björn Olsson
    Head of Technology
    Centre for Business Solutions
    Gothenburg School of Economics and Commercial Law
    University of Göteborg
    Department of Business and Administration
    PO BOX 610
    SE-405 30 Gothenburg Sweden
    P: +46317732767
    C: +46708630872
    F: +46317734754

    Guest, Nov 1, 2005
  4. Last information I got from Microsoft is that the following certs will be
    removed for the next version fo the product(s):

    MCSE
    MCDBA
    MCSD

    Who's right, I honestly don't know.