    EVF: 2.36 million OLED, 0.005s lag

    What I want now is a toggle that would allow a one-button infinitely adjustable enlargement along with the ability to jump back to 1:1 with one push. It would function like a zoom lens.

    On a semi-related subject, the new FF mirrorless Sony's didn't get very good reviews in Dpreview, owing to continued issues with AF and a horrible JPEG engine (don't care personally), but the output from the sensors (RAW) is impressive.

    RichA, Jan 23, 2014

  2. RichA

    PAS Guest

    My optical viewfinders have no lag.

    PAS, Jan 24, 2014

  3. RichA

    Guest Guest

    there is no lag in an optical viewfinder. whatever you see is the same
    with or without one.
    with evf, yes.
    obviously you can't avoid that.
    i never said that. have you been spending too much time with tony?

    Guest, Jan 24, 2014
  4. RichA

    Guest Guest

    nobody said otherwise.
    nope.

    the lag due to the speed of light is close enough to zero to be
    considered zero. it's nanoseconds.

    you are once again twisting and arguing on inconsequential details.

    the lag is also *identical* with and without an optical finder. there
    is no difference whatsoever.

    that is *not* the case with evf, nor will it ever be. evf will *always*
    have a latency. it may be short enough to not matter in most cases but
    it will matter in some.
    not one that anyone can see, not even you.

    Guest, Jan 25, 2014
  5. RichA

    Guest Guest

    i said as much in my first post, which you obviously did not read.

    however, the lag will never be zero and will matter in some cases.
    those will be fewer and fewer as technology improves, but there will
    always be situations where it will matter.

    Guest, Jan 25, 2014
  6. RichA

    Guest Guest

    the question doesn't even make sense.
    and i said the same thing several days earlier too. in fact, i think my
    very first post in the thread.

    not that you actually read it.

    Guest, Jan 25, 2014
  7. RichA