    http://www.avm.de/en/fritz_box_fon_firmware/

    Note this update is for the non-wireless version only.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Ivor Jones

    Alan Foster Guest

    Hi Ivor

    Apart from those tied to a cable modem, is there any other reason why this
    feature might be useful?
    Is the Fritz modem in some way inferior?

    The reason I ask is that I am having problems with my existing modem
    regularly dropping the connection and needing to be rebooted. I was
    thinking of trying my FritzBox again (you may remember my earlier posts
    when I couldn't get rid of an echo, an so abandoned the FritzBox).
    However, as it is the modem function that I need to replace, I thought it
    appropriate to clarify this point with you before potentially wasting a
    lot of time setting it up.

    Alan.

    Alan Foster, Jan 28, 2006

  3. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    No, it's fine. It's just that the ATA only version isn't sold in the UK at
    present, at least not by Sipgate.
    I still wonder where you got this echo from, I never had it at all..! Why
    don't you try the new firmware anyway, maybe it might have fixed the
    problem for you..? It's worth the 5 minutes it takes to download and
    install, anyway..! You get some more configurable options on the menus as
    well, there's also a setup wizard now which will probably be of help to
    many people.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 29, 2006
  4. The internal ADSL modem in the Fritz!Box is not inferior at all
    If you have a working Fritz!Box you can just use it as a modem + router
    (even in case you prefer not to use the VOIP part)
    However do not recognise your echo problem. It's working fine here (Belgium)
    I have 10 Voice accounts registered, I can easely have 2-3 phone calls
    simultaneously (my ADSL line is 4200 up, 438 down) with no noticable quality
    loss

    Philippe
    Belgium

    Philippe Deleye, Jan 29, 2006
  5. Ivor Jones

    Alan Foster Guest

    Precisely my own thought... just wanted to check out the other point first.
    If I get time, I'll try it this weekend.

    Thanks muchly Ivor.

    Regards

    Alan.

    Alan Foster, Jan 30, 2006
  6. Ivor Jones

    Alan Foster Guest

    Thanks Philippe. The information is appreciated.

    Alan Foster, Jan 30, 2006
  7. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    Hi,

    If you need technical help please call me. We are the official
    distributors for all AVM products in the UK so we know these boxes
    inside out.
    regards,

    charles
    www.advancedts.com

    , Feb 28, 2006
  8. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    I got mine (Fritz!Box Fon, not the wireless version) direct from Sipgate,
    but if you know the unit, can you tell me how I go about altering the DTMF
    TX method..? On the Sipura SPA-2000 I have it's easy, but I can't see a
    menu option for it on the Fritz!Box. Also how would I set a Sipura-style
    dial plan..?

    All in all I find the Fritz!Box an excellent piece of kit and extremely
    reliable, but I miss some of the Sipura style config options..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 1, 2006
  9. Ivor Jones

    Andy Repton Guest

    When will we get the 7170 in the UK?

    Andy Repton, Mar 4, 2006
  10. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Indeed, that looks an excellent piece of kit. I've never been a great fan
    of wireless access, but if that's what you want I see that according to
    AVM's publicity blurb they are the only manufacturers to enable encryption
    on the wireless link before the box leaves the factory.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 4, 2006