New Firefox Extension Is Killer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Blinky the Shark, Mar 9, 2007.

  1. I just discovered a killer new (January, IIRC) extension for FF that
    works with Adblock Plus.

    You're not limited to blocking images and Flash, now...this one lets you
    block by element. Text, a bunch of images...whatever's in there never
    gets to your screen. And this is accomplished by clicking a cursor
    cross-hairs on the element you want to block, the hover having
    highlighted it and shown you its description. Kill a whole paragraph of
    text and images? Sure! :)

    As a test, I played around with the IMDB pages. I don't use any of the
    clicky stuff at the top, and I don't need the Amazon ad towards the
    upper right corner. (You may; I only offer this as an example.)

    Go look at this IMDB movie page (Ben Hur):

    http://imdb.com/title/tt0052618/

    Compare:

    http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/imdbclean.jpg

    wOOt!

    That only took about four point-and-shoot actions.

    Source: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/4364/

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 9, 2007

  2. Blinky the Shark

    Old Gringo Guest

    On your recommendation, I am going to give it a try.

    Old Gringo, Mar 9, 2007

  3. Blinky the Shark

    Old Gringo Guest

    so far so good. Thanks for the link.

    Old Gringo, Mar 9, 2007
  4. Sometimes you have to go shopping for elements. In my example IMDB
    page, there is a series of buttons at the very top for various IMDB
    features. I found that a couple of them could be individually nuked,
    but by sweeping my cursor around that area I also found the division
    that included *all* of them, and nuked that in one satisfying blow.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 9, 2007