    it's absolutely worthless to keep trying.

    I am sure you won't miss me.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Feb 14, 2010

  2. Bruce

    Ray Fischer Guest

    You show your dishonesty and cowardice by running away from all of my
    rebuttals above.

    Ray Fischer, Feb 14, 2010

  3. Bruce

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Then you should be able to provide plenty of examples....
    Over the past three decades executive income has exploded. The income
    of workers? Nearly stagnant and, in the past decade, the average has
    actually gone down.

    But you're a gullible idiot. You say "thank you" when you're getting
    screwed.

    Ray Fischer, Feb 14, 2010
  4. Bruce

    tony cooper Guest

    That last sentence doesn't describe a "neutral tax". It's called a
    "flat tax". (A neutral tax is a tax that doesn't affect decisions in
    expenditures) Flat taxes are regressive unless thresholds or
    exemptions are manipulated like the proposals for the "FairTax" claim
    to do.

    There are only two brackets: regressive or progressive. There's
    nothing in between because, like a perpetual motion machine, no one
    has discovered a taxation system that isn't either regressive or
    progressive.
    I have. And more.
    I sometimes forget where I put my keys, or why I came into the room,
    but not everything they pushed at me in those oh-so-dry economic
    lectures in undergrad and grad school.

    tony cooper, Feb 14, 2010
  5. Bruce

    tony cooper Guest

    But it really isn't a fair assessment of what would happen if the
    "FairTax" was to be implemented. (Which, in my opinion, it never will
    be) The proposal isn't just to switch from the present income tax
    system to a consumption tax. There are other bells and whistles
    involved that do level the playing field.

    To understand it, maybe you should both read the book this gentleman
    is holding:

    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/787863894_7MeCq-XL.jpg

    It just so happens that I went to a Tea Party "Hob Nob and Straw Poll"
    rally today here in Orlando where I took this photo. I went there
    only because I thought it would be a good opportunity to take some
    candid photographs. Since I am not a Conservative, a Republican*, or
    remotely interested in the politics of this group, I spent a lot of
    time shooing away people who wanted me to sign petitions or sport
    their campaign buttons.

    *Technically, I am a Republican. I registered as a Republican in 1959
    and have never changed my registration status. I vote cross-ticket in
    local and state elections and usually on the Democrat side for
    national elections. Being a registered Republican, though, allows me
    to vote in the Republican primary and for the opponent of anyone
    backed by the Christian Coalition or that shows signs of being in the
    Religious Right.

    Gee whiz...photography is actually part of this thread now.

    tony cooper, Feb 14, 2010
  6. Bruce

    Ray Fischer Guest

    It must be far beyond your understaning since not only are there no
    examples of what you claim happens often, it even states that:

    "Typically, shareholders have no direct disciplinary mechanism
    over the board's actions beyond the election of directors,
    which in practice merely implies ratification of an existing slate
    of directors proposed by management or by the board itself through
    a nominating committee of independent directors."
    And if you were smart you'd have remembered that you were supposed to
    provide evidence for your claim that board members are fired "all the
    time".
    So far you have failed to provide even one example and you cited an
    article which actually supports my claims.

    As I stated before - you're a gullible idiot.

    Ray Fischer, Feb 14, 2010
  7. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    Answer my question. I'll get you started. If the State gasoline tax in WA is
    54.4 cents per gallon, how does the transportation infrastructure get paid
    for?

    You say that your medical expenses are covered, how does the hospital to
    which you will go stay in business until you need it. What assurance is
    there that your doctor is properly qualified?

    There must be a magic wand that ensures all these things just happen.

    Peter, Feb 14, 2010
  8. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    You don't want to pay for proper inspection, yet you claim to worry about
    them.
    If you are really worried about those things, you would not be against
    government. You would be working towards proper channeling of government
    spending.

    Peter, Feb 14, 2010
  9. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    So how do you stand on the issue?

    Peter, Feb 14, 2010
  10. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    Her pocketbook.

    Peter, Feb 14, 2010
  11. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Feb 14, 2010
  12. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    So all the people in the hospital waiting room were there for pleasure. It
    certainly is a liberal left wing thing to play in the ER. You know for a
    fact they were not sick. Yep. How about they were there because they needed
    some type of treatment, but couldn't afford a private doctor visit.
    That's the most accurate statement you have made. You really don't know.
    Since you really don't know, your continued pontifications = bluster or
    agenda.

    I am not sure you really don't know. I wonder if you are just trying to find
    an excuse not to pay services you use.

    Peter, Feb 14, 2010
  13. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    You have a conclusion that is unsupported by any fact. If you were to
    analyze spending using my approach you would be uncomfortable with your
    position. I truly understand why you are evading an answer.

    Peter, Feb 14, 2010
  14. Bruce

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Graham is lying.

    According to prior statement he gets Medicare and pays for a supplemental
    policy.

    Ray Fischer, Feb 15, 2010
  15. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    Nobody is forcing you to pay the taxes you are crying about. If there was
    any real money involved and you had any balls, you would learn how to
    legally minimize your income taxes and maximize your investment yield after
    taxes. Keep crying, nobody is paying any attention.

    Peter, Feb 16, 2010
  16. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    The planet that believes in taking advantage of any legal way of reducing my
    taxes, including but not limited to tax exempt munis and shelter trusts. If
    you are truly in the tax bracket you claim to be, you can certainly afford
    to pay for good tax and family planning advice. Your failure to do so is
    stealing from your heirs.
    ..
    All I will say is that there are reliable yields over 8% tax sheltered. Some
    risk, yup! I am not going to tell you what. Do your own research. I am
    convinced that you are more bluster.

    Peter, Feb 16, 2010
  17. Bruce

    Walter Banks Guest

    Assuming you get nothing back from what the government spends then
    Taxfreedom day in 2009 was April 13 or 28.20% up about %0.5 in
    the last 50 years quite a ways from 50% you are quoting

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Freedom_Day

    w..

    Walter Banks, Feb 16, 2010
  18. Bruce

    Walter Banks Guest

    Actually the numbers quoted above are for all taxes not just federal
    taxes. The US has one of the lowest tax rates in the industrialized
    world.

    The apparently low level of US taxation is like many things
    the US outsources tax collection on many things to private industry.
    Although technically not taxes most normal people must pay them.
    Most of the world garbage collection is paid for by local government
    out of tax revenue but in many places in the US is handled by private
    companies.

    Health care is another example, where all costs for private insurance
    are typically 60% higher than government run single payer systems
    in other countries with similar or better outcomes.

    w..

    Walter Banks, Feb 17, 2010
  19. You are describing the president. He has a flair for speaking as long as it
    is orchestrated but there was zero substance to him, absolutely zero. But
    he was elected anyway. As the polls indicate, the wool has been removed
    from some of the voters eyes and Jimmy Carter II has been exposed.

    Pete Stavrakoglou, Feb 17, 2010
  20. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    You very well know who I was describing and that it was not the President.
    Pre-election over, you were saying the same thing. You won't even give his
    ideas a reasonable chance. Your chief complaint about him is that he is not
    a conservative who doesn't give a hoot for people. I strongly suspect that
    you and I have the same social goals. We just differ on how to achieve them.
    I am convinced that we need some intelligent government intervention to keep
    good people honest and to dilute the greed that pervades some people, just
    as we need laws against clearly criminal behavior.

    Peter, Feb 20, 2010