    But you like Bush and don't like Obama.

    The obvious conclusion is that you're just a political bigot who
    cares only about the "republican" label.

    Ray Fischer, Feb 13, 2010

  2. Bruce

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Not only do I believe it, I've seen it.
    Like the CEO?

    Ray Fischer, Feb 13, 2010

  3. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    Your comments make it obvious that you know absolutely nothing about
    business. A good CEO holds the interests the company first. In a public
    company, he is accountable to the board, who represents the interests of the
    owners. To maintain and grow a healthy company. A good manager recognizes
    that the workers are the lifeblood of the company. In the example you gave,
    we really don't know if the employee was a slacker, or redundant. I don't
    know if you have ever had to let someone go. I have, and will tell you it's
    not an easy thing to do. But, you seem to think that a company is some sort
    of magic fountain that simply produces money to allow workers to show up and
    get paid, regardless of their contribution to the company, or lack thereof.
    A good CEO is paid because he produces value to the company. If he is not
    adequately paid, he goes elsewhere. If he does not produce value to the
    company, he goes elsewhere, for a different reason.

    Peter, Feb 13, 2010
  4. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    We agree on something. Remember Bill votes his for pocketbook, not humanity.

    Peter, Feb 13, 2010
  5. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    I would settle for 2,000 nationwide. Sadly, there are many who take oratory
    over substance

    Peter, Feb 13, 2010
  6. Bruce

    Ray Fischer Guest

    LOL! Is that what they tell you?
    ROFL! The board represent the shareholders?!? And you really believe that?

    When was the last time a board member got fired by the shareholders?
    When was the last time shareholders picked a board member? Or CEO?
    If any of your beliefs were true then we wouldn't see corporations
    spending so much to hire and train workers only to fire them a few
    years later and then repeat the process again.

    Sure, there are some good CEOs, but there aren't many.

    Ray Fischer, Feb 13, 2010
  7. Bruce

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Nobody wrote that and lying only makes you look like a bigot.

    Ray Fischer, Feb 13, 2010
  8. Bruce

    Ray Fischer Guest

    He votes for his cult and not for humanity or his pocketbook.

    Ray Fischer, Feb 13, 2010
  9. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    How about some examples: You are making accusations of clear violations of
    rhe SEC Regulations.

    They? Suggest you get over your bitter pill and learn something about the
    reality of business before you open your mouth.
    And just how do you think a director becomes a director. He/she is elected
    by vot of the shareholders. It's becomming obvious that you have never owned
    stock in a public company. It is also obvous that you never have run a
    successful business, or if you have, you are just blowing smoke.
    Read this and learn.
    http://www.investopedia.com/articles/basics/04/082704.asp

    My statements are based upon personal observation and experience. What are
    your statements based upon?

    More than you would admit. Wow! You certainly are a fountain of
    misinformation.

    Peter, Feb 13, 2010
  10. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    Are you saying you receive no benefit from being a member of our society?
    Please clarify.

    Peter, Feb 13, 2010
  11. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    So you want the benefits without paying for them. I get it, you should only
    pay for the direct benefits you think you need. Not to help society as a
    whole.

    Just start with a few common costs. Since you know how much to spend, why
    don't you fill in the blanks.

    Military: = ?
    Education = ?
    Domestic security protection = ?
    Road maintenance = ?
    Court system = ?
    Helping our genuinely indigent to survive = ?

    Come on Billy boy, you have investments. What is the cost of the government
    helping to maintain the integrity of your money.

    If you expect the benefits of living in our society without paying for them,
    you are a worse thief than Robin Hood.

    Peter, Feb 13, 2010
  12. [replying to C J's posting because Bill has been in my killfile for a
    long time. And obviously for very good reasons, see below]

    He happens to be living in Bellevue, WA, USA, which happens to have
    about 8% sales tax (plus probably a few percent slapped on by King
    County and the city of Bellevue).

    ???
    What does income tax have to do with the difference between sales tax
    and VAT? Are you tossing red herrings around again?

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Feb 13, 2010
  13. Bruce

    Ray Fischer Guest

    The usual kerby stupidity and screeching. No substance.

    Ray Fischer, Feb 13, 2010
  14. Bruce

    Ray Fischer Guest

    What regulations? What violation? It's no violation to lay off
    hundreds of people. It's no violation to get $20,000,000/year.
    Says the rightard who cannot actually refute what I write.
    By being selected by the board.
    You may be that stupid, or not, but don't assume that I am that
    stupid. We both know that the vast majority of such elections
    are decided when the board recommends someone for the position.
    You must be pretty stupid. You didn't even notice that that doesn't
    answer either of my questions.
    You statements are based on naive worship of corporations.
    Less than you would admit.
    I'm not a part of your cult of stupidity. When the incomes of CEOs
    explode and the incomes of workers actually fall then it's clear who
    is scamming whom.

    Ray Fischer, Feb 13, 2010
  15. Bruce

    Ray Fischer Guest

    What a stinking hypocrite. Graham feeds at the government trough but
    doesn't want to pay for it.

    Ray Fischer, Feb 13, 2010
  16. Bruce

    tony cooper Guest

    He's referring to the "FairTax" movement. It replaces the income tax
    with a consumption tax on retail sales (essentially, a "sales tax")
    with a rebate to taxpayers with incomes below a certain level. There
    are some advantages to the proposal, but it stands little chance of
    advancing.

    There's more to it than I've outlined above.

    tony cooper, Feb 13, 2010
  17. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    You completely avoided the question. What is the basis for your 20%

    How are you going to ensure that you have the right to do more than just
    breath.

    Try filling in the blanks and tell me what can be eliminated.

    Peter, Feb 14, 2010
  18. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    You show the shallowness of your position by resorting to personal attacks.
    It is clear that you have no business experience.

    Bye

    Peter, Feb 14, 2010
  19. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    Yup! Lots more. there are a lot of advantages, but it cannot sell
    politically.

    Peter, Feb 14, 2010
  20. Bruce

    Peter Guest

    If the government spending was at the level he claims to want, he will be
    very busy: Digging holes to safeguard his money; target practice; worrying
    whether his doctor really had a medical license; whether his grandchildren's
    teachers were competent to teach; growing his own food because of worry
    about adulterating substances; etc.

    Peter, Feb 14, 2010