New DiMAGE Z3 (Konica-Minolta) USB not working!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Atreju, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. Atreju

    Atreju Guest

    Hey all,

    So I got my new Z3. Took a few nice pix and a movie tonight at my
    in-laws grandmother birthday party.

    Only problem is now when connecting to my computer, I get hardware
    detect, then the drive shows up for about a second (sometimes) and the
    camera issues on-screen a "system-error" and shuts itself off!

    Brand new camera! And I cannot find this model in KM's support page.

    System Specs:

    Intel Pentium 4 with Hyper-Threading 3.0 GHz
    1 GB RAM
    Windows XP Professional
    Tyan S5101 motherboard with USB 2.0/1.0 compatibility

    Any thoughts?

    PS - I have other USB devices that work just fine, including a Lexar
    Media JumpDrive, and my old Fujifilm Finepix, which I have uninstalled
    since I thought maybe the driver was causing the problem, but it turns
    out not.

    ---Atreju---

    Atreju, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Atreju

    Atreju Guest

    SNIP

    UPDATE: After connecting and disconnecting about a dozen times, and
    manually restarting the following Windows Services:

    Logical Disk Manager
    Logical Disk Administrative Tools
    Removable Storage

    I have gotten it to work.

    The truth is, I'm going to get a card reader anyway, it was just
    really irritating.

    ---Atreju---

    Atreju, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Atreju

    [BnH] Guest

    [BnH], Aug 30, 2004
  4. Atreju

    Atreju Guest

    Thanks. Actually I already got myself an 8-in-1 card reader, so I'm
    fine now.

    ---Atreju---

    Atreju, Aug 30, 2004