    anti-shake (stabilization) with all compatible Minolta lenses. According to
    the news article this camera is going to be released in the fall sometime.

    Here's the link: http://www.cameratown.com/

    Insight32, Jul 15, 2004

  2. But unless they improve on their firmware from the A1/A2 line, you will be
    stuck with shooting raw for decent image quality.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Insight32

    DavidG Guest

    This is old news at this point, dating back to a PMA announcement in
    February. I am personally wondering how people will accept this form
    of antishake technology. With an SLR, placing the antishake at the
    sensor does nothing to stabilize the viewfinder image (for easier
    composition), which might be an annoyance for people when shooting at
    long focal lengths. Also, Canon has stated that it is difficult to
    maintain precise lens-to-sensor distance with such a mechanismin
    place, impacting focus accuracy. All speculation until the unit comes
    out, of course.

    David

    DavidG, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Insight32

    Matti Vuori Guest

    (DavidG) wrote in
    No stabilizer is going to help with so much shake that makes composition
    difficult.

    Matti Vuori, Jul 15, 2004
  5. That's nice, but it's a Minolta.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 15, 2004
  6. Tell that to my 28-135mm IS. Without IS, I can barely see if things are
    in focus. With it, the image pans nice and smooth and I can see much,
    much more.

    Brian C. Baird, Jul 15, 2004