New D70 kills Canons 10D and D300 for 999

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hugo Drax, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Hugo Drax

    MarkH Guest

    YOU made the statement, you are saying you were just kidding? How was I
    to know when I read that statement that you didn’t mean it? You asked
    for someone to show you where you EVER claimed that the Nikon system is
    MUCH better, I did that but you say it doesn’t count because you were
    just mocking.

    Reading the post I quoted I saw no such explanation of how you were just
    Mocking the kind of language used by Canon zealots. I have been reading
    this group for over 4 years and have never seen that kind of language
    used by ‘Canon zealots’.
    YOU made the statement that the Nikon lens claims 3 stops where Canon
    only claims 2 stops. I am challenging YOUR statement!
    No evidence then. You are as bad as that Preddy idiot that keeps saying
    everyone should buy or rent a Sigma SD-9 to see how good it is, despite
    most here having no interest in the camera.

    If I was using the Nikon mount I would consider buying a Nikon 70-200 VR
    lens, I have a Canon mount on my camera so I am considering buying a
    Canon 70-200 IS lens. What is the point of me spending money to hire
    both these lenses when only one will fit my camera? Where would I find a
    Nikon 70-200 VR lens for hire here in NZ at the moment anyway? It is a
    very new lens that I can’t even find on a pricelist yet.

    What would be nice is if someone that has had the opportunity to try both
    lenses could share their experience and post samples so those of use that
    are curious about the lenses could learn a little.

    Yes, often it is. But I’m not gullible enough to take it as a universal
    truth that every new lens is better than every previous one.

    MarkH, Jan 31, 2004

  2. You didn't ask me one. But feel free....

    --
    Colm

    : Colm wrote:
    :
    : > LOL. That'll be you....
    :
    : You're still not answering my question.
    :
    :

    Colm Gallagher, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Hugo Drax

    Mark M Guest

    Mr. Pizzi seems to assume he's talking to a single person...even though
    there are many chattering away.
    :)

    Mark M, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Hugo Drax

    Charlie Self Guest

    Charlie's Question:
    Why does anyone respond to Paulie Pissant after the first of his "answers"?

    Charlie Self
    "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is
    sure."
    Mark Twain

    Charlie Self, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Shut up bob the clown, at least I won't resort to
    ethnic/racial slurs like you do. You are known
    all over the internet for your racist views.

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Here's my take on this. You *lied* when you said that you tested both lenses. It was probably just
    another audacious, spur of the moment claim that you now regret. But you're stuck with it now.
    That's why you can't post the results of the test. That's why you can't even post the detail of how
    you conducted the test.
    It's possible the Nikon is superior, but *you* can't prove it. You don't even know one way or the
    other. How sad is that?

    --
    Colm

    : Go rent the two lenses and make some comparative tests.
    : Don't trust websites that don't even tell you how the ratings
    : are calculated.
    :
    :

    Colm Gallagher, Jan 31, 2004
  7. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Once again, you are fabricating what it never existed.
    I said go on, start the name-calling FROM NOW ON.
    Good, looking forward to seeing it.
    Why did it take you so long?

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 31, 2004
  8. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Hard to tell conformists apart...

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 31, 2004
  9. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Hey Bob the Clown, don't even try with Latin,
    you can't even write a decent English.

    Ad hominum, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 31, 2004
  10. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    You don't seem to understand at all, my ANONYMOUS friend.
    If I just posted the results of my tests, you simply wouldn't believe
    me, because you can't even admit to the POSSIBILITY that a
    non-Canon product might be better than Canon. That's why I
    kept asking you that question (and never received an answer.)
    So, why bother posting my tests only to see you cast a shade
    of doubt on me just because in your limited view of the world
    NOTHING can possibly be better than Canon?

    So, for the n-time I am inviting you to do the comparitive test
    YOURSELF, and if you cheat, I know how to prove you
    cheated. If you don't, I'm pretty sure you will come to my
    conclusions, because my tests was done right and with
    no bias whatsoever. I have no problem admitting that a Canon
    product might be better than Nikon. You just can't conceive
    that the other way round MIGHT be possible. So, if I post
    my test, I'm sure you will scream that it was rigged, because
    the POSSIBILITY that a Nikon product might be better
    than Canon is simply UNCONCEIVABLE for you.

    Is that really too hard to understand?

    Colm Gallagher, Jan 31, 2004
  12. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    OK, why did it take you so long to answer the question?
    Goddam, now we can start talking.
    Yes, most Canon users.
    Because Canon and Nikon are the cream of the crop and they are
    both state-of-the-art. You bet that if a product is released LATER
    than its competitor, it's most likely BETTER, because either company
    improved on the competition. Besides, like I said many times, I have
    actually TRIED both lenses. On the vertical axis, the two stabilization
    systems are pretty much on a par, but when it comes to panning, the
    Nikkor wins hands down. Since previous generation VR systems from
    Nikon had problems with panning, I must assume that the VR in the
    70-200 is more advanced than the IS in the Canon lens.
    That's because you were not answering my repeated question. Now
    you finally have, and I won't call you a zealot anymore.
    Because you quoted it, why would you quote something you don't trust?
    The Nikkor is sharper at f/2.8. Gavin Cato performed the same test
    and came to the same conclusion. Do you think his test was also
    rigged? As for the stabilization, I have explained you why I think
    the Nikkor is better, because it knows when you are deliberately
    panning. The Canon seems to have more problems with that.
    Tripod tests at various apertures. Until f/8 the results are
    indistinguishable,
    both lenses are exceptionally sharp. At f/5.6 you start noticing a slight
    softness in the Canon (not in absolute terms, only when compared to the
    Nikkor) and at f/2.8 it's a lot more obvious.

    Free-hand tests for the IS/VR. Increasing degree of camera shake
    on both axis and panning test. Both systems handle camera shake
    equally well, but when it comes to panning, the Nikkor never misses,
    the Canon stabilization is not as precise.
    Film bodies only (F100, EOS-ELAN7), same film, same speed.
    No digital because the different sensors might add confusion.
    Because if you are objective, you will come to the same conclusions
    by yourself. If I just post my test, I'm sure you will say it was rigged.
    There is no way you are going to believe me, you haven't so far,
    why should you only if I show you the pictures? But if you do the
    test yourself, you will see that I'm NOT lying and what I told you
    is the factual truth. This is the ONLY way I can prove you I am
    right.
    I don't have a camera with a Canon mount.
    I borrowed it from a friend (together with the lens.)
    I knew you would say that. So it's just pointless that we go on
    with this discussion. I know my tests were done right and Gavin
    Cato claiming that he came to the same conclusions was a great
    boost to my confidence because I know my conclusions were
    right. You don't want to test the lenses, you will never believe
    me, or Gavin or anyone else who says the Nikkor is better,
    so why are we wasting each other's time?
    You see? It's just pointless discussing with you. You
    are ready to believe a website that doesn't even tell
    you HOW the ratings are calculated just because Canon
    scores higher than Nikon and that confirms you BELIEF
    (not that you have actually compared anything...)
    They don't tell you how the ratings are calculated. They have ZERO
    credibility. But since Canon "wins", then you are inclined to believe
    them.

    Like I said, let's just not waste each other's time anymore.

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 31, 2004
  13. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Fine, believe whatever you want.

    But you will never actually compare the two lenses yourself.
    Hey, you might discover I am right and you would rather
    die than apologize to me.

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 31, 2004
  14. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Because that's what I said IMMEDIATELY AFTER posting that.
    Feel free to google.
    Yes, of course. I never said the Nikon system is much better.
    I said and I will say it again, that according to my tests, the
    Nikkor 70-200VR is a better lens than the Canon 70-200IS,
    the stabilization works better and the Nikkor is sharper when
    fully open. I have invited you to perform the same test so that
    you will see it yourself. You said you will NEVER believe me,
    so why should I bother scanning the photographs and posting
    them to see you scream that the whole test was rigged?
    Read the post I wrote immediately after. There's a complete
    explanation.
    I never told you to buy the lenses. I certainly didn't buy either
    the Elan 7 or the 70-200IS, but I found a way to procure both.
    Renting a lens is fairly cheap.
    You said you were interested in knowing if the Nikon is actually
    better than the Canon. If I tell you so, if Gavin Cato tells you so,
    you will NEVER believe us. You have said you will never believe
    me. So, why should I bother scanning and posting only to see you
    cast doubts on my honesty? The only way you'll be able to know
    that I'm RIGHT is to do the tests yourself.
    You mean you don't have rentals in NZ?
    You said it so many times you would never trust me...
    So, after all you admit there is the actual POSSIBILITY that the
    Nikon lens is better and that I'm not a liar and a cheat?

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 31, 2004
  15. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    I don't doubt you think so. And if posted the results, you would
    accuse me of having rigged the test. Basically you're an asshole,
    so why would I want to waste further time with you?

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 31, 2004
  16. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Here's my take: you are an asshole who makes wild and
    unfounded accusations.
    I invited anyone to do the same test and compare the results.
    But you'd rather INSULT me and accuse me of being a liar.

    You're an asshole.

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 31, 2004
  17. Hugo Drax

    Crownfield Guest

    and pizzaboy, you inspire others:

    "but god-damn you are staggeringly stupid! "

    way to go, pizzaboy.

    Crownfield, Jan 31, 2004
  18. Hugo Drax

    Crownfield Guest

    pizzaboy, the fascist racist paranoid!
    you always transfer your problems to those around you.

    Crownfield, Jan 31, 2004
  19. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    More of the same from you. I called you no names. Again you call me a
    zealot but that is what I have come to expect from you. LOL

    Anyway, you have yet to pose a question but as we have already seen rarely
    do your comments find any basis in reality.

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  20. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    LOL. Show me one post where I have proclaimed the superiority of any camera
    product to another. Time for you to get another shtick....

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004