    calculated. That's the problem.

    I told you to go rent both lenses and do the tests yourself.
    Let's see what you think after that.

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    I know that probably better than you, since I have actually
    studied Latin. Basically you said that the possibility that the
    Nikon lens is better is "audacious", which means "bold" and
    "insolent." Basically something that can hardly be true.
    Neither is better than the other as a whole, agreed, but some Nikon
    products are better than their Canon counterparts and vice-versa.
    You don't seem to be willing to accept that.
    I keep inviting you to a REAL-LIFE test. Rent both lenses (or
    borrow them from friends) and then make a series of tests, like
    Gavin and I have done. But you'd rather believe what a website
    says, even though they don't tell you HOW the ratings are calculated...

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    How would you know? Another ASSUMPTION you smuggle
    for truth?
    Go rent the two lenses and make some comparative tests.
    Don't trust websites that don't even tell you how the ratings
    are calculated.

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    And how did I come to this stereotype? LOL

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    You're still not getting it. I do have to admit though, you are a great
    source of humor. Too bad you are oblivious to it all. LOL

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    Talk about stereotypes. I have seen you accuse at least five posters of the
    same rhetoric. The funny thing is that none have given you any statements
    to base your facts on, this is nothing more than your preformed stereotype
    of anyone who does not worship at the shrine of Nikon.

    Your schtick is kind of funny but the routine is getting old. You've done
    pretty good all by yourself but like the three stooges I think you need to
    find a sidekick. LOL

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  7. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    You keep talking about these pictures but have failed to produce them to
    date. Why is that?

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  8. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    Do you know Bill Clinton? LOL

    Now you are saying that more advanced is not better? Does that mean you are
    acknowledging that the Canon IS is the equal, or maybe even superior, to
    Nikon's VR? It is really hard to keep up with you, you flip more than a
    leaf in the wind.....

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  9. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    You are not keeping up. I have never stated that one lens is superior over
    the other. It was you that made the claim, remember? LOL

    Again, if you have these photos post them. I have not made any conclusions,
    I am only looking for examples of the quality of the lenses.

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  10. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    Well, it also means spirited and original. And, you would think with your
    terrific grasp of Latin you would know that your conclusion that it means
    that the statement "can hardly be true" is so very incorrect. Again, maybe
    you should spend some time with a dictionary and learn what words mean. In
    the future it would help prevent you from embarrassing yourself. LOL

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  11. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    More of your unoriginal rhetoric. Why don't you show me one post where I
    have declared any Canon product superior to Nikon, or any other camera
    product?

    The only one in this thread who has made any conclusions regarding the
    superiority of either camera system is you. And you seem wholly unable to
    accept that simple fact. LOL

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  12. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    I can only draw such conclusions based on the fact that my several requests
    for the comparative pictures have gone unanswered. Point me to your
    pictures and I will retract my statements.

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  13. Hugo Drax

    Crownfield Guest

    come on bo.
    lay it out in really simple terms, so he can understand.
    show him how he does it to himself.

    he really can not see it.

    Crownfield, Jan 31, 2004
  14. Hugo Drax

    Crownfield Guest

    now wait.

    let me get this straight!

    pizzaboy is blinded by the name nikon?
    nothing else live up to the standard?

    Crownfield, Jan 31, 2004
  15. Hugo Drax

    Mark M Guest

    You know, Pizzi, that line of yours really isn't the "zinger" you seem to
    think it is.

    Mark M, Jan 31, 2004
  16. Hugo Drax

    Mark M Guest

    Perhaps George Preddy?? :)
    It could be the Preddy-Pizzi Hour...

    Mark M, Jan 31, 2004
  17. Hugo Drax

    MarkH Guest

    What question? I thought that you were trying to state something, though
    it seems that you were actually stating that the Nikon lens comes with
    Canon 3rd generation IS, I am pretty sure that is not what you meant
    though.

    I don’t like to resort to personal attacks, but god-damn you are
    staggeringly stupid! You snipped the bit where I said "I have no
    experience with the particular Sigma lenses that do score highly so for
    all I know they might be better." This suggests the exact opposite of
    the subsequent statement that you have made.

    I do like my Canon equipment, but I have never made a statement ANYWHERE
    that suggests that every Canon lens is superior to all others.

    A good number of Sigma lenses? Only the Sigma 50mm f2.5 Macro beats all
    others in it's focal range (amongst the primes anyway), and that lens
    DOES have a very high rating on photodo.

    Sorry, I have not read the write up you have done on these lenses and I
    have no idea of what it is about the Nikkor that blows away the Canon. I
    would ask that you forgive me for not taking your word for it, except
    that I can’t think of why I should just accept what you say with nothing
    to back it up.

    What makes you think I put any trust in that site? It was merely the
    only review that I came across. Please feel free to post a link to a
    better review site.

    MarkH, Jan 31, 2004
  18. Hugo Drax

    MarkH Guest

    OK

    Quote by PP:
    "Why don't you get some INFORMATION before you post such
    ludicrous claims? Even seen a 70-200VR? It simply BEATS THE
    CRAP out of the Canon counterpart."

    You have also stated that Canon claims their lens has IS that gives 2 stops
    of stabilization, whereas in fact Canon claims 3 stops of stabilization.

    Where is your evidence that the Nikon VR is any more advanced than the
    Canon IS? You seem to be under the illusion that any product released more
    recently than any other product must be better because it's newer.

    MarkH, Jan 31, 2004
  19. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Maybe because you are a zealot incapable of answering
    my question and you'd rather go for name-calling?

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 31, 2004
  20. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    You're still not answering my question.
    It proves you are a zealot incapable of admitting non-Canon
    products CAN be better than Canon's.
    Sure, out of arguments=name calling starts, as per script...
    Too bad you are still unable to answer my question.
    You simply can't because the answer would reveal
    you are a zealot.

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 31, 2004