New D70 kills Canons 10D and D300 for 999

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hugo Drax, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Hugo Drax

    MarkH Guest

    Canon have more experience with IS, so without seeing some independent
    tests that show the Nikon VR to be superior to Canon IS, forgive me if I
    wont take your word for it.

    At least according to the only review that I could find.
    Ummm, bullshit. Most Sigma lenses are NOT rated higher than Canon on
    this site. I have no experience with the particular Sigma lenses that do
    score highly so for all I know they might be better.
    Exactly, if I could find another review that compared the 2 lenses I
    would have posted that example too.

    I checked the review sites that I have bookmarked to see if they
    confirmed your assertion that the Nikon 70-200 VR lens is really better
    than the Canon 70-200 IS and I couldn’t find any evidence to support
    that. Since the Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS lens is one of the best Canon zoom
    lenses in their line-up then I will remain sceptical of your claims till
    I see some results of independent testing that back you up. It wouldn’t
    surprise me if the Nikon lens deserves a higher rating than the one I
    found, but it also wouldn’t surprise me if the Canon also deserves a
    higher rating. The only reason I don’t own the Canon lens is a shortage
    of cash in my bank account.

    If anyone does come across any site rating both these lenses, please post
    the link.

    MarkH, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    LOL. Little history lesson for you, you are the one who made the outrageous
    claims. Since you have already taken the comparative pictures why don't you
    post them for all to see? Should be a simple and easy task and would be
    much easier than posting a bunch of unsubstantiated rhetoric, don't you
    think?
    More of the same from you. Why don't you provide me with the posts of mine
    that would lead any rational person to the above conclusion? I have no
    horse in this race, I simply wanted to see the the reasoning to support your
    allegation that the Nikon lens was much better than the Canon. Of course,
    it should be a simple manner to provide this analysis if you have really
    compared the two. Instead you choose to continue to launch ad hominem
    attacks at me. Why is that?
    I have never made any claims to which is superior. The very defintiion of a
    rube is your utter allegiance to Nikon while dismissing everything else as
    inferior. Your logic is so flawed as to be almost humorous. It is you
    that needs to provide us with a list of items that are superior to the Nikon
    counterparts. I await such a list with bated breath. I imagine that it
    will be posted at the same time as the images and analysis that led you to
    the conclusion regarding the two lenses.
    To bad you are not one of them. You really could use something else to
    occupy your time. All the stress that is apparent in your ramblings
    indicates a pretty high stress level. Chill dude. Go take some pictures,
    your stress levels cannot be healthy.

    Bo Stevens, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    Can you provide any proof supporting these statements?

    Bo Stevens, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    That's easy, unfortunately the only one who has not seemed to figure it out
    is you. LOL

    Bo Stevens, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    What does that have to do with anything? Your modus operandi is thinly
    veiled. We were not discussing which one was the last to market. You had
    made the claim that the Nikon IS is much better than Canon, I asked for
    something tangible that would support your assertions. Apparently you
    have been unable to come up with anything of the sort and have now resorted
    to some kind of lame ass attempt at changing the topic. LOL.

    Bo Stevens, Jan 30, 2004
  6. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    Keep trying to put words in my mouth. Can you provide me with one single
    post where I have stated that the Canon products are superior to anything?

    FWIW, maybe you should spend some time with a dictionary and discover what
    words mean. Start with audacious. LOL

    As for the list, I have not proclaimed anything to be superior. Neither
    Canon or Nikon. The whole point that I have tried to make is that between
    Canon and Nikon you are dealing with 6 of one and a half a dozen of the
    other. Neither is better than the other, they are both terrific tools for
    taking pictures. This whole point seems to have been lost on your
    zealousness to "prove" your statements.

    I leave the ridiculous lists to you, based in reality or not. LOL

    Bo Stevens, Jan 30, 2004
  7. Hugo Drax

    Sloopy Guest

    Hey! Maybe we can build on that!

    -Sloopy

    Sloopy, Jan 30, 2004
  8. Hugo Drax

    Colm Guest

    LOL. That'll be you....

    Colm, Jan 30, 2004
  9. Hugo Drax

    Colm Guest

    And so it should. Of course you must be truly pissed off with yourself for
    possessing the same fanaticism you constantly rail against.
    :)

    Colm, Jan 30, 2004
  10. There are hundreds of thousands of P&S shooters around
    Maybe. Most P&S shooters I know, however, don't want a DSLR.
    They want a better P&S (small, low shutter lag, high resolution,
    no post processing).

    William Wallace, Jan 30, 2004
  11. Seconded - we now have the opportunity to get away from (a) the bulk of
    the 35mm format and (b) having to carry around an array of lenses and
    other accessories.

    Let's move forward!

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 30, 2004
  12. At this point, they have a press release. As I said, let's see how the
    product actually is, after it ships.

    Albert Nurick, Jan 30, 2004
  13. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    I'm from So.Cal too and I have never heard that
    expression. Maybe I'm too old... :) My apologies,
    anyway.

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 30, 2004
  14. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Gee, if people actually READ my posts instead of just going
    with whatever stereotype someone else has fabricated for
    me...

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 30, 2004
  15. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Why not.

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 30, 2004
  16. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Yeah, just like an answer to my question... :)
    Thanks, at least we agree on something... :)

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 30, 2004
  17. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    I already have.

    I keep forgetting you don't actually READ my posts, you
    go with a prefabricated stereotype of me...

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 30, 2004
  18. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    You're still not answering my question.

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 30, 2004
  19. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 30, 2004
  20. Hugo Drax

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    You still haven't answered my question.
    And you don't because it would easily explain the whole thing...
    Maybe not most, but a good number.
    Since THE PROBLEM we all know is that people like you
    would NEVER accept the POSSIBILITY that a non-Canon
    product can actually be better than Canon.
    So, I must presume that doing like I did (testing the actual
    lenses) is still out of the question, right? You must think
    it's pretty exotic to actually shoot pictures through both
    lenses...
    I can't believe you put so much trust in websites that won't even
    tell you HOW those ratings were calculated (like Photozone...)

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 30, 2004