    Then, I can have the newsreader delete those so I don't waste my time
    reading people trying to save their face against the enemy.
    --

    JPS, Jan 31, 2004

  2. I may well be an asshole, but there's nothing wild or unfounded about the allegation I made. The
    one you just failed to refute.
    You claimed to have done a test but can't produce the results. Your claim is a lie.
    I'm not insulting you, just calling you on a mistake. It's OK, we all make them.

    --
    Colm (A big asshole)

    : Colm Gallagher wrote:
    :
    : > Here's my take on this. You *lied* when you said that
    : > you tested both lenses.
    :
    : Here's my take: you are an asshole who makes wild and
    : unfounded accusations.
    :
    : > It's possible the Nikon is superior, but *you* can't prove it.
    : > You don't even know one way or the other. How sad is that?
    :
    : I invited anyone to do the same test and compare the results.
    : But you'd rather INSULT me and accuse me of being a liar.
    :
    : You're an asshole.
    :
    :

    Colm Gallagher, Jan 31, 2004

  3. I notice you haven't attempted to refute the allegation that you're lying.
    I'm quite willing to believe your test. I have no reason to doubt your results other than you can't
    provide them. Although I'm an asshole I'm still capable of seeing the truth when it's put before
    me, so feel free...

    --
    Colm

    : Colm Gallagher wrote:
    :
    : > You can't post the results because you lied about doing the test.
    :
    : I don't doubt you think so. And if posted the results, you would
    : accuse me of having rigged the test. Basically you're an asshole,
    : so why would I want to waste further time with you?
    :
    :

    Colm Gallagher, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    Reminds me of a line from National Lampoons Vacation, Chevy Chase's
    character is caught by his wife and family swimming in the nude with another
    woman. Of course his wife marches off in a huff and the next scene Clark
    (Chevy's character) is explaining to his son that the girl in the pool was a
    waitress taking his order. He asks Rusty (his son), you believe me don't
    you? Rusty says "Sure Dad, you think Mom will?" Good point. LOL

    To summarize for you Paolo, you might convince yourself that your
    characterization of events is what actually transpired. You may even find a
    few of your ardent supporters to agree with you with a wink and a nod.
    However, everyone else really knows the reality of what transpired. You are
    only fooling yourself.

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Hugo Drax

    Mark M Guest

    Wow. Another...um...Zinger!
    :)

    Mark M, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Hugo Drax

    Mark M Guest

    It didn't.
    I've mentioned things like that for years here.
    You have just been assuming zealousness without base, Pizzi.

    Here it is again for you...just so you don't get lost looking for it:
    Sure!
    I bought a Nikon film scanner over Canon's version, for example.
    -Paid more for it than the Canon cost because the Nikon was clearly better
    for my needs.
    Feel better?
    You see, Pizzi, I'm really and truly interested in buying what I need...not
    simply what brand something is.
    In the case of camera accessories, clearly I must buy what will work with my
    system. This means I buy Canon gear to work with my other Canon gear.
    That said...I would add that I am quite happy that I chose Canon to invest
    in, since their lens system and camera develpment have fit my particular
    needs better than Nikon's would have. For others, I'm sure the reverse has
    been legitimately true.

    Mark M, Jan 31, 2004
  7. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    The problem here is that you cannot seem to understand that I find neither
    superior to the other. You have made the audacious claims, I am simply
    asking you to prove it to me. Your opinion is meaningless, especially in
    light of your admitted zealousness. Who knows, you may be right. The only
    thing that can be determined from all of your rhetoric is this, you will
    never convince anyone of anything with your antics. If you have a point,
    than provide the pictures and show us the differences. Otherwise you are
    nothing more noise in a newsgroup who has plenty.

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  8. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    Yes. It is not worth my time and energy to embark on a comparison to prove
    your assertions. Be a man and step up to the plate. Provide your images
    and stand by your claims. Is that so hard?

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  9. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    Actually in the American Heritage Dictionary. Ever heard of a dictionary?
    You really should get one.....

    3 entries found for audacious.
    au·da·cious ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ô-dshs)
    adj.

    1. Fearlessly, often recklessly daring; bold. See Synonyms at
    adventurous. See Synonyms at brave.
    2. Unrestrained by convention or propriety; insolent.
    3. Spirited and original: an audacious interpretation of two Jacobean
    dramas.

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  10. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    You have proven that you have no grasp of the English language, now you have
    demonstrated that you cannot read either. LOL

    Remind me again, what does the third bullet in your definition say?

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  11. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    Wrong again Pizzi. I have said many times in this thread that I find
    neither Canon superior to Nikon nor vice versa. I have not called you any
    names but you have consistently resorted to ad hominem attacks when pushed
    to support your allegations. Why is that?

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  12. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    Not even you can believe that! Do you? ROTFLMAO!!

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  13. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    The only demonstrable lies in this thread, and several others actually, are
    yours. Sorry, I have no lies to offer you.

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  14. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    It has not, if only you were intelligent enough to realize that.

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  15. Hugo Drax

    Mark M Guest

    Hmmm... Not sure what you mean there.
    If you tried to e-mail me, or something, you need to take out the "ReeMoov"
    part of my address.
    The rest is quite real, and non-anonymous.
    I finally added the anti-spam word just a few days ago...
    Your fear of what others do is no reason not to substantiate your claims.
    By refusing, you ASSURE that nobody will take your claims very seriously.
    If you don't mind people scoffing at you, then great! -Don't substantiate
    anything.
    You just need to understand that there are certain types of claims that are
    hollow without backing.
    Yes you have. Here it is...AGAIN...from my other post:
    -------------
    Sure!
    I bought a Nikon film scanner over Canon's version, for example.
    -Paid more for it than the Canon cost because the Nikon was clearly better
    for my needs.
    Feel better?
    You see, Pizzi, I'm really and truly interested in buying what I need...not
    simply what brand something is.
    In the case of camera accessories, clearly I must buy what will work with my
    system. This means I buy Canon gear to work with my other Canon gear.
    That said...I would add that I am quite happy that I chose Canon to invest
    in, since their lens system and camera develpment have fit my particular
    needs better than Nikon's would have. For others, I'm sure the reverse has
    been legitimately true.
    -----------

    There. Feel better? :)
    See above...
    Please see above, Pizzi.

    Mark M, Jan 31, 2004
  16. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    Again, they have not. You are as ridiculous as they come. You make claims
    and are subsequently asked to support your assertions, I fail to see how it
    becomes my responsibility. If you do not have the pictures than just admit
    it and move on.

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  17. Hugo Drax

    Mark M Guest

    I know you've got the language barrier and all, Pizzi, but for a guy who
    takes offense at benign words you THOUGHT were name-calling words...you sure
    are ready to call names. :)
    Let's see...perhaps because you're...obsessed?
    Ya, that's it. :)

    Mark M, Jan 31, 2004
  18. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    I am going to proclaim my theory the Pizzi Principle. This is the theory
    where in statements proclaimed by Pizzi are introspective rather than of a
    perspective. I am sure there is some such psychological disorder that
    explains this phenomena, all I present here is the awareness as it pertains
    to Pizzi.

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  19. Hugo Drax

    Bo Stevens Guest

    See "Pizzi Principle".

    Bo Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  20. Hugo Drax

    Mark M Guest

    Once again, Pizzi, you didn't even respond to my "answer" to your question
    about other manufacturers having a better product than Canon. I provided
    you with that very example, yet you ignored it.
    Why?

    Mark M, Jan 31, 2004