    Nikon decided to drop the big one on the entry level market which is
    important since the new people will invest and stick with the brand they
    start with.

    Hugo Drax, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Hugo Drax

    DJ Guest

    Don't buy one though. In 2006 Minolta will release the Dimage '06 which will be
    even better. If you must buy one hurry up before the price drops.

    DJ, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Hugo Drax

    end user too Guest

    Is that black plastic or magnesium body on the D70? Where is that info on
    the website? Love that 1/8000 shutter!

    end user too, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Hugo Drax

    fuzzface Guest

    You don't have a 10D to start with. Ur only concern is brand. IF u own a
    better camera, can U make better photographs with it? Don't think so (hence
    the old masters)

    Yeah a Nikon D2H versus the upcoming 1D mark II? bye bye Nikon!
    lol.

    fuzzface, Jan 28, 2004
  5. Hugo Drax

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Sigh.. wait a year.. the D70 will be old and outdated too :)

    Jim Townsend, Jan 28, 2004
  6. Hugo Drax

    Charlie Self Guest

    Hugo Drax babbles:
    You've seen some specs. Neither you nor anyone else outside Nikon has seen
    anything else, nor will they for some time to come. I'd say that camera is late
    and not kicking ass.

    Charlie Self
    "To create man was a quaint and original idea, but to add the sheep was
    tautology." Mark Twain's Notebook

    Charlie Self, Jan 28, 2004
  7. 1) It's not kicking anything yet. It should be a great camera, but there's no need to be wasting
    all that kleenex over it until it's tried and tested.

    2) Nikon aren't dropping any "big one on the entry level market". They're simply responding to a
    competitive threat. A full year afterwards.

    --
    Colm

    : Wow looks like Nikon is kicking ass with its D70, its definately better than
    : my 10D body for 500 less, and forget the Crippled Drebel.
    :
    :

    Colm Gallagher, Jan 28, 2004
  8. Hugo Drax

    end user too Guest

    Beware: The Nikon support site does not even show the D70 exists!

    end user too, Jan 28, 2004
  9. I agree with Charlie. He knows his cameras AND woodworking tools.

    Nikon should've released that camera at the 2003 PMA. Timing is everything,
    and its going to take a while and some superior engineering for Nikon to
    overcome the head start they let Canon get in the DSLR market.

    Glenn de Souza
    Scottsdale, Arizona

    Glenn de Souza, Jan 28, 2004
  10. Hugo Drax

    Gavin Cato Guest

    Ahh yes, the same speed with 4 megapixels more that PJ's generally don't
    want, and continuing the tradition of bizarre canon ergonomics.

    Gavin Cato, Jan 28, 2004
  11. Hugo Drax

    Hugo Drax Guest

    Your post makes no sense.

    Hugo Drax, Jan 28, 2004
  12. Hugo Drax

    Hugo Drax Guest

    yes it is 999 gets you much more with nikon VS what Canon does at 1500 so
    this means the DSLR price wars will really start at the entry level.Good
    news for everyone.

    Hugo Drax, Jan 28, 2004
  13. Hugo Drax

    Mark M Guest

    Once AGAIN...Nikon is too little-too late.

    I HOPE it is a killer camera though, as that can only make Canon answer back
    with even more vigor than they already do. Frankly, I'd guess Canon ALRADY
    has their "answer" in the works, as Canon seems able to nearly always be a
    step or two faster than anyone.

    Mark M, Jan 28, 2004
  14. Hugo Drax

    Hugo Drax Guest

    Its never to little too late, remember there are millions still shooting
    film and/or P&S digital. I already know 3 film shooters who are going to
    jump on this new Nikon bodies like flys on shit. I will be the only guy
    shooting a Canon DSLR out of the group. When someone asks me for an entry
    level DSLR I would have to answer D70. I think this is a great think only
    cheaper and better from here on down. I give Nikon a thumbs up for this.

    Hugo Drax, Jan 28, 2004
  15. Why is it always "too little too late" with Nikon, and yet Canon is
    always "one step ahead"?

    Aaron J. Ginn, Jan 28, 2004
  16. I think we should wait for some independent testing to see whether this is
    "the big one"; to be honest, Nikon's been a follower in the digital market
    for years, and this is yet another example.

    Albert Nurick, Jan 28, 2004
  17. They'll be announcing next year's Nikon ;-)

    --
    Colm

    : <chuckle> Nikon responds a bit late to the 10D, and you're assuming Canon
    : has no announcement at PMA. I wouldn't make that assumption.

    Colm Gallagher, Jan 28, 2004
  18. Hugo Drax

    Mark M Guest

    Ask Nikon.
    I don't know why they've been so slow to bring new products to market.
    Canon has long been the pioneer of image stabilization...Nikon is still
    trying to respond adequately...8 years later. Canon has been first to
    market with the consumer level DSLR, and is still breaking new
    ground--several years after the D30 broke the barrier. Now with teh
    sub-$1K, Canon is again at least a year ahead of Nikon.

    Mark M, Jan 28, 2004
  19. Hugo Drax

    Gavin Cato Guest

    Now with teh
    Gosh you speak some drivel.

    The image stabilization has some merit but the rest is utter crap.

    Gavin Cato, Jan 28, 2004
  20. Hugo Drax

    Hugo Drax Guest

    I think this time they have something positive with the D70 and I know 999
    is a sweet spot price for the featureset. I am glad this happened, this
    means Canon will have to respond with cheaper and better products. Everyone
    wins if Nikon is a strong competitor. You should be glad they came out with
    the D70.

    Hugo Drax, Jan 28, 2004