    You know better, you know restraints are my job. I'm hoping some time in the
    future someone like Julia could do job sharing, I'm starting to like her
    attitude.

    LRM, Jan 13, 2007

  2. BD[MCNGP]

    LRM Guest

    For a second there I thought you we me. I thought I was stalking myself
    again, then I read MCI and new right away you couldn't be me, that and your
    name isn't LRM, and I swear way more than you.

    LRM, Jan 13, 2007

  3. BD[MCNGP]

    Julia Guest

    LOL, I do plenty of swearing! I just haven't done much of it here yet. If
    it were up to me we would never use MCI/Verizon at any location. It could
    be worse though, they could use Charter.

    Julia, Jan 13, 2007
  4. BD[MCNGP]

    LRM Guest

    Don't get me wrong, I really don't care about carriers. I use most of them
    across the country. 6 of one and half dozen of the other if you ask me.
    Their job is to provide a pipe and my job is to make sure they don't forget
    their job. Well, I have lots of other stuff besides that to do as well, but
    as far as carriers are concerned I could care less. Although, I may have a
    to agree with the V one you mentioned, as I frequently experience issues in
    one of our North West remote sites.

    Say, do you also manage all your layer 3 devices?

    LRM, Jan 13, 2007
  5. BD[MCNGP]

    Julia Guest

    They just happen to be the carrier that I have to call the most lately. I
    have plenty of other stuff to do and when I have to keep calling them over
    and over it eats into my time that I could be doing other things.

    I don't manage our layer 3 devices. I do some basic Cisco stuff, but it's
    not my area of expertise. I would like to get some Cisco certs one day but
    getting my MCSE is my top priority at the moment.

    Julia, Jan 13, 2007
  6. BD[MCNGP]

    LRM Guest

    Good luck with that. I don't care about Cisco certs. They are ok, but I'm
    busy working on my MPM

    LRM, Jan 13, 2007
  7. LRM, what's MPM? Sorry, I lost my IT abbreviation decoder ring last
    week :)

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 13, 2007
  8. BD[MCNGP]

    LRM Guest

    Neither your IT abbreviation, nor your batman decoder rings will assist you
    with this one. MPM stands for Masters of Project Management.

    My goal is to not kill any of my staff while perusing this degree. If I
    manage to graduate all the better. I decided that while certs are very
    attractive in the short term, a Masters degree would probably have a much
    longer shelf life and cost about the same if I certified through two more MS
    OS's. Cisco is fun, but it isn't my bread and butter so I felt certs for
    Cisco wouldn't really do me much good.

    LRM, Jan 13, 2007
  9. I had a feeling it might be PM related but wasn't sure what the M was :)
    Congrats on pursuing your master's.

    Which program are you following for this (if you don't mind saying)?

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 14, 2007
  10. BD[MCNGP]

    LRM Guest

    Just as a BS in Network Communications will, by design, not follow any
    specific vendor's study plan, neither does the MPM. Although, since I'm in
    the US I see a lot of the PMBOK and discuss Cooper at length in some of my
    PM classes.

    LRM, Jan 14, 2007
  11. BD[MCNGP]

    Frisbee® Guest

    You can be master of me anytime you want, baby[1]

    [1] I'm pretty sure my googling wife will laugh hysterically at that one.

    Frisbee®, Jan 14, 2007
  12. BD[MCNGP]

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Don't you dare waste a good O on a cold shower...

    Film it for us, we pay good money. ;)

    BD [MCNGP], Jan 14, 2007
  13. BD[MCNGP]

    LRM Guest

    Ok, but do I have to write a thesis?

    LRM, Jan 14, 2007
  14. BD[MCNGP]

    catwalker63 Guest

    We used to have a goat too. Sad story that.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    catwalker63, Jan 14, 2007
  15. BD[MCNGP]

    kpg Guest

    What I like about PM is that after many years of following the
    "code like he11" SDLC I can clearly see why they recommend doing
    it the way they say it should be done. I have come to think of
    PM as common sense on steroids.

    I believe the true benefit of PM is realized when the entire
    organization buys in to the philosophy, from grunt to CEO - then
    when management wants a change they at least understand that
    something else must give.

    Well, I can dream, can't I?

    0x22

    kpg, Jan 15, 2007
  16. BD[MCNGP]

    Neil Guest

    is it wrong that I think two chicks talking about tech is hawt?

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

    - Life's unfair...but the root password helps!

    Neil, Jan 15, 2007
  17. BD[MCNGP]

    Neil Guest

    <fx=Dr. King>
    I HAVE A DREAM!
    </fx>

    I share that dream and the date of this post seems appropriate.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

    - I hate people who make generalizations.

    Neil, Jan 15, 2007
  18. BD[MCNGP]

    catwalker63 Guest

    I think civil rights has a better chance.

    catwalker63, Jan 15, 2007
  19. BD[MCNGP]

    Briscobar Guest

    Load balancing for S&M?

    Briscobar, Jan 15, 2007
  20. BD[MCNGP]

    Kline Sphere Guest

    We used to have a goat too. Sad story that.

    sigh....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 15, 2007