    being occupied by a .ocx file. The filename in the window title is
    RTHDCPL which I think is to do withthe Realtek HD audio on my laptop.
    Has anyone else has the same problem?

    Paul, Apr 7, 2007

  2. Paul

    dfrog Guest

    Paul,
    if you look back at posts here and at
    'Microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support' over the past few days, you'll
    find lots of reference and help.
    hope this helps
    dfrog

    dfrog, Apr 7, 2007

  3. Paul

    Fred Guest

    Yep, I did.
    I installed the latest Realtek driver to resolve the problem.
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

    And here is Microsoft's resolution

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/935448/

    Fred, Apr 7, 2007
  4. Paul

    Tester Guest

    I had that problem not on bootup but when I ran Tugzip, a freeware
    zip/unzip et alia.

    I did a Google on the error message and found that Microsoft had
    gotten screams about it in another context and came out with a fix.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448

    Apparently, they've now added Tugzip this page - it originally only
    had Realtek HD Audio Control Panel

    Tester, Apr 7, 2007
  5. Paul

    why? Guest

    New to 24HSHD then? It's been posted about for days.

    Odd how I don't get these issues, maybe it's because automatic update is
    off and I check what the downloads are and wait a week to see all the
    posts about the last update causing problems.

    Me

    why?, Apr 7, 2007
  6. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Sorry guys, I should have looked a bit more thoroughly before posting.
    Anyway, I downloaded the Microsoft update and now all is well.
    Thanks for your help,

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 8, 2007
  7. Paul

    Shoo Guest

    So you leave you OS vulnerable to known security threats intentionally.
    Did you also visit the compromised Asus server that has been serving up code
    that attempts to exploit a Windows vulnerability patched earlier this week?

    Shoo, Apr 8, 2007
  8. Paul

    why? Guest

    More stupid assumptions.
    Me

    why?, Apr 8, 2007
  9. Paul

    Mara Guest

    It seems this person assumes that everyone's running Windows, and a vulnerable
    browser. I think you got it right.

    Mara, Apr 8, 2007
  10. Paul

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 08:08:58 -0500, Mara wrote:

    Hi,
    Well I haven't been burned by an update yet. Although I know server
    admins that have.

    Sources like this help
    http://www.ntbugtraq.com/

    I try to rely on the router with blocked ports, sw firewall blocking
    just about everything by default, scripting disabled in browsers,
    applications in block / part allow / and allowed lists. As for the rest
    antisware 2 apps, AV, careful about URLs.

    And browsers that are updated often.

    :)

    BTW I forgot to say before about finding a wireless point, maybe 1 of
    these?

    http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/89d1/
    Your typical WiFi detector will only show the presence of a signal and
    relative signal strength - not very helpful. This Digital WiFi Detector
    has a backlit LCD screen that provides information on signal
    availability and strength as well as essential network information,
    including SSID, security status and channel. When multiple networks are
    present, the LCD will allow you to scroll through information for each
    network.

    Me

    why?, Apr 9, 2007
  11. Paul

    why? Guest

    Wrong URL not, is an old 1 in bookmarks.
    http://www.ntbugtraq.com/

    Something like
    http://isc.sans.org/

    Me