    But I don't seem to be able to get peer to peer working.

    Is there a web page somewhere that will take me through this step by step?

    Thanks

    jj, Oct 24, 2003

  2. jj

    Vulpine Guest

    you need a crossover cable
    then set the two computers to dhcp and same workgroup
    simplest way :)

    Vulpine, Oct 24, 2003

  3. jj

    MJP Guest

    "
    Put your old drive in your new computer as a primary slave or secondary
    drive and copy from there.

    mjp

    MJP, Oct 24, 2003
  4. jj

    Vulpine Guest

    yes they can do it that way and take advantage of the extra space but it
    would void the warranty on the new computer

    Vulpine, Oct 24, 2003
  5. jj

    why? Guest

    Yes, http://www.wown.com/ and http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

    See your other reply regarding crossover cable.

    Me

    why?, Oct 24, 2003
  6. jj

    Meat-Plow Guest

    Need a crossover ethernet cable and use XP's file and settings transfer
    wizard.

    Meat-Plow, Oct 25, 2003
  7. jj

    Barry OGrady Guest