    ever been!

    Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...

    Trent

    Trent©, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Also, when you get that credit card don't pay the full balance every
    month-not if your purpose is to build up a credit history. At least
    that's what I've heard and it makes sense to me. Credit history should
    more reflect your ability for long-term repayment of a loan.

    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 29, 2003

  3. LeAnn

    Thor Guest

    I've almost always paid my balance in full each month, and that didn't seem
    to hinder the creditor's willingness to raise my credit limit regularly, and
    without my requesting it.

    Thor, Dec 29, 2003
  4. I don't think it makes very much difference once you've established
    credit-but I have heard that it makes a difference when you're first
    trying to establish it.

    Frankly I'm not sure whether I should believe what I've heard or not. It
    makes sense, but then it also runs counter to the 'best practices'
    recommendations for handling credit. I'm not a big believer in credit
    anyway-maybe a touch of Puritanism in me. I use credit when it's to my
    benefit, but I always analyze it before I use it. Even for small
    purchases. (Using credit for small purchases is to my benefit only when
    I'm certain I can pay off the balance. And if I can't then I really need
    to analyze whether that purchase is really necessary-probably the money
    would be better used to reduce my existing balance.)

    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 29, 2003