    bulletins a week which on my Lexmark takes 3 hours. Would a new
    computer speed up the printing any or would I be better off staying with
    my old computer and buying a good printer?

    LeAnn, Dec 27, 2003

  2. LeAnn

    Duane Arnold Guest

    The printer is going to print at the speed it was designed to print at no
    matter what kind of speed the computer is sending the data to the printer.
    Data is sent to the printer to print and it is in the printer's buffer and
    the buffer may become full. When that happens the printer tells the
    computer I am busy and don't send me any more data until I tell you to.
    That won't happen until the printer's buffer becomes empty or reaches a
    level that it will tell the computer to send more. Most of the time, the
    computer sends all the data to the printer and the computer is free and off
    doing other things while the prints the data at its own pace, because the
    data is in the print buffer.

    You may want to look into getting a printer that can print the pages faster

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Dec 27, 2003

  3. LeAnn

    Chet Guest

    If you print in significant volume and it's black only, you could probably
    justify a laser printer. Nowadays you can get fairly cheap lasers that
    print with excellent quality at 10 pages per minute or more.

    Chet, Dec 27, 2003
  4. LeAnn

    Drifter Guest

    I have the choice between buying a new (Walmart cheapie) computer or a
    That depends on what your goal is. From what you say it sounds like
    you want to print faster. In that case buy a faster printer. Buying
    a faster computer isn't going to speed the printer up much.

    Drifter, Dec 27, 2003
  5. LeAnn

    LeAnn Guest

    Ok thanks, that's what I was wondering, if a better computer would make
    my printer print faster but apparently it won't. So I think I'll go
    with the new printer for now. Thank you.

    LeAnn

    LeAnn, Dec 27, 2003
  6. LeAnn

    hyenapower Guest

    Hold on Leann, hyena has a suggestion!!! Buy both!!! Wouldnt that be cool.
    And Lexmark sucks because they dont have compatible ink and even their OEM
    ink is expensiver than others. For really cheap compatible ink. one should
    visits world wide web internet address http://www.bulkinkjetcarts.com. I
    hope the power of the hyena was able to help you.

    hyenapower, Dec 27, 2003
  7. LeAnn

    LeAnn Guest

    Yes that would be the optimal solution, but money is limited right now.
    That is why I have to choose. Thanks for the suggestion.

    LeAnn

    LeAnn, Dec 27, 2003
  8. LeAnn

    hyenapower Guest

    Use your credit card and pay back layer. Thats what I do. I have a $5,000
    computer

    hyenapower, Dec 27, 2003
  9. LeAnn

    Trent© Guest

    No...you probably have a $15,000 computer!

    Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...

    Trent

    Trent©, Dec 28, 2003
  10. LeAnn

    Trent© Guest

    Actually...most of the time, it doesn't.

    Most people print to the spooler...and not to the printer.

    Trent©, Dec 28, 2003
  11. LeAnn

    Trent© Guest

    More than likely, LeAnn, a new printer would be a better investment
    for you. Even the cheap ones can print black pages at about 6-10/min.

    But make sure yer printing to the spooler...and not directly to the
    printer.

    BTW...some of the cheap computer deals I've seen at Wal-Mart COME with
    a printer. And you can always sell yer old system for a coupla
    bucks...and recoup some of the purchase price that way.

    My favorite printers now are STILL Canon.

    Good luck.

    Trent©, Dec 28, 2003
  12. LeAnn

    Duane Arnold Guest

    That is true.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Dec 28, 2003
  13. LeAnn

    bambam Guest

    Aren't credit cards wonderful things. ;)

    bambam, Dec 28, 2003
  14. LeAnn

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    I can't imagine spending $5,000 on a computer this day and age. I could
    put together a dual Opteron machine with 2 gigs of DDR RAM and an 2x120gig
    HD in a RAID array with a top end video card for under $5,000. Also, if
    you buy it with credit, you don't pay $5,000. You pay $5,000 plus whatever
    the interest costs to pay it back over time, so with an average APR of like
    14.9% (last I saw), you could be paying more like $6,000 (providing it
    takes you just one year to pay off).

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 28, 2003
  15. LeAnn

    Trent© Guest

    I might have read it wrong, Jim. Maybe he simply PURCHASED a $500
    computer, so that...yes...it IS a $5,000 computer! lol

    Trent©, Dec 28, 2003
  16. LeAnn

    justme Guest

    Credit card? That's funny. I've tried in the past but I can't get a
    credit card because I don't have any credit, I can't get credit cuz I
    don't have a credit card!!

    LeAnn

    justme, Dec 29, 2003
  17. LeAnn

    justme Guest

    Coincidentally I did buy a Canon. It's an I860 and it does a wonderful
    job. I'm very pleased with it. I think I made the right decision in
    buying a printer first because that is what I use most in my work. In a
    few weeks I'll be able to afford the computer also. Thanks for your help.

    LeAnn

    justme, Dec 29, 2003
  18. LeAnn

    Thor Guest

    You establish credit by getting a small bank loan (a small auto loan with a
    co-signer to back up your non-credit history is usually the easiest way to
    go), pay it off fully making sure to make all your payments on-time, and
    then you'll have an established good credit record. Then credit card
    companies will be lining up to give you a credit line. The amount of credit
    may be small at first, especially if your income is low. But get that first
    card, make some small purchases and pay your bills on time, and the limit
    will be raised quickly. That's all it takes. Even people who have gone
    through bankruptcy can get credit relatively quickly these days. The key is
    starting out small. You can't go into a bank and ask them for a ton of money
    when you have bad credit or no credit history. Start out with a small loan
    that they aren't afraid to risk on you, (get a cosigner if necessary) and
    pay it off in good faith, and the credit doors will surely open.

    Thor, Dec 29, 2003
  19. LeAnn

    justme Guest

    Oh, my husband and I have gotten several loans at our bank here. We've
    bought a house through them, we've remodeled our house through them,
    we've bought several cars through them. We have excellent credit with
    them. The only problem is they don't report to the credit bureau! It's
    very frustrating to have so many credit card companies turn you down by
    just looking at a stupid score on your credit report.

    LeAnn

    justme, Dec 29, 2003
  20. LeAnn

    Trent© Guest

    Consider yerself LUCKY! lol

    Yer livin' about 25% better than folks who have credit!

    Trent©, Dec 29, 2003