    At this juncture I can't even get to the point of installing an OS, so
    I'm at a loss.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    TrevorW, Oct 26, 2005

  2. TrevorW

    dgo Guest

    Does the hard drive have a 'Master with slave present' setting? If so you
    want that one. If not have you tried them both on cable select?

    dgo, Oct 26, 2005

  3. TrevorW

    The Shed Guest

    Re check your master and slave settings---either that or try a new
    ribbon cable.
    As you say this is a new build there could be other issues with
    board/bios settings etc.
    have you tried cd on ide2 and hd on ide1.
    could be a power supply issue--now grasping at straws.
    For more help be more specific
    motherboard type
    power supply
    hd make/model
    etc
    etc

    The Shed, Oct 26, 2005
  4. TrevorW

    TrevorW Guest

    I will try both on Cable Select when I get home. I can also pull up
    better specs than.

    I tried a new ribbon cable before, no dice. I think I hooked them up
    to seperate ide's, but I'm second guessing whether I properly changed
    the master/slave settings. Will also try that.

    The power supply is 400w, however on this particular case I know there
    were some issues with bad power supplies. Though it does seem strange
    that only one or the other would work.

    Thanks for the reponses, got a couple of ideas will post an update when
    I get home.

    Keep them coming :)

    TrevorW, Oct 26, 2005