    Any ideas on the cause?

    Thanks!
    Dean

    Dean, Jan 30, 2005

  2. Dean

    Dean Guest

    Also, when I plug it back in, they start flashing again.....

    Dean, Jan 30, 2005

  3. Dean

    JTJersey Guest

    Is this a USB or wireless keyboard? If the lights are blinking after shut
    down it's still pulling power to the keyboard from somewhere, but not
    having a computer to connect to it's probably giving you an error message.
    Many mainboards still have power to them even if you push the Off button.
    Try turning off the power switch on the power supply (if one is present)
    or turn it off at your UPC (if your using one) or just unplug the tower
    and see what happens.

    JTJersey, Jan 30, 2005
  4. Dean

    Dean Guest

    No, it's a garden-variety PS2-connected keyboard.

    The PS doesn't have a switch.

    The lights flash steadily as long as power is connected.

    The machine starts, runs, and shuts down as it should, other than this
    problem.

    Dean, Jan 30, 2005
  5. Dean

    Drifter Guest

    Check your BIOS settings. Your machine may be going into a hibernate
    or sleep mode vs actually powering down.

    Not sure I'm right, just the first thing that popped into my mind.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Jan 30, 2005
  6. Dean

    JTJersey Guest

    Have you tried it with another keyboard?

    JTJersey, Jan 31, 2005
  7. Dean

    Dean Guest

    Yep, I did. It must be the keyboard. I switched keyboards with my other
    machine, and this board flashes no matter what machine it's attached to.
    (Neither machine has a switched powersupply).

    Actually I have a switched power center which I turn off whenever I power
    down the machine, so I guess it really is not much of an issue.

    Thanks for the suggestion(s).

    Dean

    Dean, Feb 1, 2005