    You can check it out @:
    http://www.tech-bb.net/

    Yes, it's free. =P

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 1, 2004

  2. ChaosBlizzard

    Mike Easter Guest

    You are going to find that gratuitously soliciting in help and
    discussion newsgroups for people to come to your little online forum is
    going to be met with a great deal of animosity and provider complaints.

    It will be considered by most who see your solicitations to be spamming
    and generally unwelcome in newsgroups where posted and people will be
    notifying your provider for both your online connectivity and your
    website, namely & - who
    handles both tech-bb.net and the framework site phpbb88.com

    There are discussions of this problem all over the place.

    Mike Easter, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Well, I am sure one day when congress passes laws that govern such
    "activity", you will be hear. Until then, anyone can play your game. I'll
    leave it at that. :p

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 1, 2004
  4. Four million metric buttloads of Usenet groups, and we need another web
    forum shack running some clunky web interface? Are you stilling screen
    doors for submarines and holes in the head, too? We all need those just
    as much.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 1, 2004
  5. Oh yes, of course.. Love those screen doors. They make lovely tea cups..

    Come on people.. You see something you don't like, stop being a baby/child
    out of it. There is an ignore list, use it.

    BTW-
    "Please note that phpBB Group has absolutely no control and cannot in any
    way be held liable over how, where or by whom this board is used. It is
    absolutely pointless contacting phpBB Group in relation to any legal (cease
    and desist, liable, defamatory comment, etc.) matter not directly related to
    the phpbb.com website or the discrete software of phpBB itself. If you do
    email phpBB Group about any third party use of this software then you should
    expect a terse response or no response at all."

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 1, 2004
  6. And the relevance of that blurb about one of the clunky web forum
    interfaces is...?

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 1, 2004
  7. There really isn't much relevance..

    BTW- Your way off on my hosting domain provider.. :)

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 1, 2004
  8. ChaosBlizzard

    JimBob Guest

    Get a nice young lady to court.

    JimBob, Dec 1, 2004
  9. ChaosBlizzard

    greyhawkmud Guest

    It seems like kiddies & newbies think the web is it.
    Many probably dont even have a clue what the usenet / newsgroups are.
    They think "On the web? It has to be kewlio!". ;)

    I'll stick to usenet.

    greyhawkmud, Dec 1, 2004
  10. ChaosBlizzard

    Guest Guest

    Unlike many previous posters , I have actually taken the trouble to
    visit the website. It looks well thought out and I hope it
    succeeds.Good luck.

    Guest, Dec 1, 2004
  11. ChaosBlizzard

    Pennywise Guest

    On 1 Dec 2004 07:59:58 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    |> ChaosBlizzard wrote:
    |>
    |> > I have created an online forum resource for users looking for Computer
    |> > help.
    |>
    |> > It's much more user friendly than your standard newsgroup.
    |>
    |> > You can check it out @: http://www.tech-bb.net/
    |>
    |> > Yes, it's free. =P
    |>
    |> Four million metric buttloads of Usenet groups, and we need another web
    |> forum shack running some clunky web interface?

    What else do they have? In an earlier time this person would of put up a
    BBS, that's just unrealistic anymore. The internet has taken that away.

    I ran an 8 line chat board (Cnet, Amiga), I had people calling from all
    over the world; And a verifiable marriage, she lived in Washington state
    USA, he lived somewhere in England - met on my board, Hell he vacationed
    at my house.

    I couldn't do that anymore, IRC has more to offer, and it's really sad;
    web pages like his, and Blogs are all that's available now. His interest
    just happen to be computers and of being of assistance.

    And like running a BBS you gotta advertise or nobody knows. Agreed a
    better way to do this is having his webpage as part of his signature and
    him take an active part in the newsgroups.

    Had to weigh in...and I wish him luck.

    Pennywise, Dec 2, 2004
  12. LOL! Yeah.. That is on the todo list. :)

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 2, 2004
  13. See.. I don't mean any harm.. I am trying hard to get this thing working.
    I just want to help people.

    I have knowledge, I don't want to waste it.

    Thank you for looking at it.

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 2, 2004
  14. That's fine.. I use to use usenet all the time.. I was even a mod/admin for
    a newsgroup at one point.

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 2, 2004
  15. I do plan on making a webpage to go with my forums.. But for now the fourms
    will have to do.. As hosts can be expensive, and I am already paying for
    college... $36,000 for an associates degree.

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 2, 2004
  16. I could come stay at your house for a few days if that would make you
    feel any better about the way things have gone.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 2, 2004
  17. You can have mine for half that.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 2, 2004
  18. Well, heck. Then here:

    Colorado Chili

    This recipe is for SueL and who ever else likes spicey food. Taken
    from a cd of recipes sent to me as a gift. prep time is also
    marinade time. I am guessing at the servings since it is not given
    in the cd. - Jun 24, 2002

    1 lb hamburger
    3 large jalapenos, seeded and chopped
    1/2 lb hot sausage
    1/2 lb stew meat
    1 cup chopped onions
    3/4 cup chopped bell peppers
    2/3 cup chopped celery
    1 (15 ounces) can kidney beans
    3 tablespoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 cup French onion soup
    1 (6 ounces) can chopped green chilies
    1 (15 ounces) can chopped tomatoes
    2 (15 ounces) cans tomato sauce
    1/2 teaspoon sugar
    1 tablespoon cayenne
    1 teaspoon oregano
    2 tablespoons jalapeno juice
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder

    6-8 servings

    1. Marinate stew meat with jalapeno juice, onion powder, and
    garlic powder.
    2. Refrigerate 24 hours.
    3. Brown hamburger with onion, garlic, bell pepper and cumin.
    4. Brown sausage.
    5. Remove stew meat from marinade and brown.
    6. Mix all the meat together.
    7. Add soup, tomato sauce, tomatoes, drained beans, jalapenos,
    chili powder, cayenne, oregano, celery, green chilies, salt,
    sugar, and tabasco.
    8. Cook on medium heat for 2 hours.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 2, 2004
  19. Huh? I thought an "associates degree" was something you got from a
    two-year trade school. How can "Learn how to sit at the front desk
    at the dentist's office!" cost $36K?

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 2, 2004
  20. I've got a couple of university degrees I'm willing to dicker on.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 2, 2004