    Why do I have to register to just read the forums?

    I wanted to know if the site was worth registering by reading how people are
    in the forums.

    d4rkn1ght, Nov 25, 2006

  2. ISPgeek

    Evan Platt Guest

    So if I sign up on your site and start spamming the hell out of it
    advertising some domains, if I 'talk back', it's not spam?

    You are truly a moron if you think "spam does not talk back".

    I think it's YOU that doesn't get it.
    I can't speak for this group, but alt.marketing.online.ebay:
    http://www.usenet.com/newsgroups/news.answers/msg00617.html

    Specifically, 1.3.2 Can I post announcements here?
    I don't think you're that welcome in this or any group.
    No, I think we're all better off sending spam complaints to your ISP.

    Evan Platt, Nov 26, 2006

  3. ISPgeek

    Evan Platt Guest

    And please let's not forget jaguarpc.com and

    Evan Platt, Nov 26, 2006
  4. From: "Evan Platt" <>

    | On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 12:51:00 -0500, "ISPgeek"
    |
    | So if I sign up on your site and start spamming the hell out of it
    | advertising some domains, if I 'talk back', it's not spam?
    |
    | You are truly a moron if you think "spam does not talk back".
    | I think it's YOU that doesn't get it.
    | I can't speak for this group, but alt.marketing.online.ebay:
    | http://www.usenet.com/newsgroups/news.answers/msg00617.html
    |
    | Specifically, 1.3.2 Can I post announcements here?
    | I don't think you're that welcome in this or any group.
    | No, I think we're all better off sending spam complaints to your ISP.

    I second Evan's statements and GigaNews agrees that this is spam and was generated from the
    miscreant's Road Runner account.

    For shame Doda !

    David H. Lipman, Nov 26, 2006
  5. ISPgeek

    Evan Platt Guest

    Any reply? I also forwarded a complaint to them. No reply.

    Evan Platt, Nov 30, 2006
  6. ISPgeek

    ISPgeek Guest

    Would you like their phone number. I'm sure I have it here
    somewhere in my files....

    Cheers!

    ISPgeek

    http://www.ISPgeeks.com
    Hardware and Software Support Forums
    Free Broadband Speed Test
    Free Web Hosting and eBay image hosting (no banners, no popups, NO JOKE!)
    Free Music Streams (1 Office Safe, 1 Not Office Safe)
    No Banners, No Popups, No Advertising of ANY Type

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0651-0, 11/27/2006
    Tested on: 11/30/2006 2:14:11 AM

    ISPgeek, Nov 30, 2006
  7. ISPgeek

    Evan Platt Guest

    So ISPDorks can spam you, of course.
    Likely not, otherwise it wouldn't require registering.

    I had never heard of it until he spammed here, so likely they aren't
    spending a dime on advertising. Why bother when there's other
    non-spamming alternatives?

    If he has this little respect for newsgroups, you think he wouldn't
    hesitate to sell your e-mail address for a penny?

    Evan Platt, Nov 30, 2006
  8. ISPgeek

    ISPgeek Guest

    Actually the forums were locked from viewing by unregistered
    guests while a security issue was addressed. This issue has
    now been resolved so you may browse all you want.

    At random times during the day we also open all features for
    use without registering and will continue to do so. The biggest
    reason for registering is to prevent people from abusing the
    features and to hopefully encourage participation.
    As for paid advertising, I think we've made it fairly clear the site
    is not commercial in any way whatsoever and will remain that way.

    No pop-ups, no banners, no spam, no google ads. Now Mr. Platt
    (aka Evan the Troll) kindly waste your time elsewhere. This
    newsgroup as well as all the others you are cross post harrassing
    people in is dedicated to helping others. Continue your harrassment
    and I think I will have enough to forward to your ISP. Afterall
    trolling and harrassing usenet participants IS a violation of your
    ISP's TOS and at this rate I'm collecting quite a bit of material
    for them to work with.

    Cheers!

    ISPgeek

    http://www.ISPgeeks.com
    Hardware and Software Support Forums
    Free Broadband Speed Test
    Free Web Hosting and eBay image hosting (no banners, no popups, NO JOKE!)
    Free Music Streams (1 Office Safe, 1 Not Office Safe)
    No Banners, No Popups, No Advertising of ANY Type

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0651-0, 11/27/2006
    Tested on: 11/30/2006 3:42:48 PM

    ISPgeek, Nov 30, 2006
  9. ISPgeek

    Evan Platt Guest

    Show me a post where I cross posted.

    Please.

    No really.

    Because all of my settings in Agent are set to disable cross posting.
    If I've cross posted, it's been maybe once.
    Thank you. You've just given me the incentive to do a little more
    homework and forward spam complaints to a few of your upstream
    providers, as it's obvious your immediate providers haven't taken
    action.

    Evan Platt, Nov 30, 2006
  10. From: "Evan Platt" <>

    | On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:42:47 -0500, "ISPgeek"
    |
    | Show me a post where I cross posted.
    |
    | Please.
    |
    | No really.
    |
    | Because all of my settings in Agent are set to disable cross posting.
    | If I've cross posted, it's been maybe once.
    | Thank you. You've just given me the incentive to do a little more
    | homework and forward spam complaints to a few of your upstream
    | providers, as it's obvious your immediate providers haven't taken
    | action.

    Give Doda hell Evan !!

    David H. Lipman, Dec 1, 2006
  11. ISPgeek

    Evan Platt Guest

    I've got a live one at his ISP.

    We may be getting somewhere.

    Evan Platt, Dec 1, 2006
  12. From: "Evan Platt" <>

    | On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 00:41:49 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    |
    | I've got a live one at his ISP.
    |
    | We may be getting somewhere.

    GigaNews is a bunch of stupids farts. They still haven't canceled P C B U T T S 1 's
    account and they sent ME the email that Doda should have received.

    Mr. Doda ,

    Hello,

    Your Giganews account was used to post unsolicited commercial advertisements;
    commonly known as SPAM. Giganews does not tolerate SPAM.

    The acceptable use policy, that everyone must agree to upon signing up for a
    Giganews account, contains the following:

    "SPAM Although there is no single, precise definition of spam, and there are
    differing opinions on what constitutes spam, we will consider the following when
    reviewing complaints:

    Repetitive Posting

    Posting the same thing repeatedly in one or more newsgroups will usually be
    considered spam, regardless of the content.

    Commercial Posts

    Commercial posts are frowned upon in nearly every newsgroup. Most groups do not
    welcome contributions from a business or commercial website.

    Promotional Posts

    Promoting a business, a website, or an organization will usually be considered
    as spam, in nearly every newsgroup. This can even include inviting visitors to a
    'personal', 'public service', or charitable website.

    Giganews does not tolerate spam in any form. We run filters on our incoming
    and outgoing feeds to cut down on spam traffic in either direction. Giganews is
    very strict about spamming. You agree to not spam, and you agree to avoid any
    form of posting that may look like spam. If it is determined that you have
    posted spam through the Giganews servers, you will be charged a $50 cleanup fee
    per spam message that you posted, and your account will be terminated."

    http://www.giganews.com/comps/aup.mhtml

    We, at Giganews take SPAM very seriously.

    We have not terminated your account at this time, but merely blocked your
    ability to post messages to our servers.

    Your account is otherwise completely functional.

    Going forward, if you can unconditionally agree to abide by the acceptable use
    policy (AUP), then we will restore your ability to post messages to our servers.

    Please let us know.

    Thank you.

    David H. Lipman, Dec 1, 2006
  13. ISPgeek

    Evan Platt Guest

    heheh.. reply back..

    "TAKE YOUR ACCOUNT AND SHOVE IT! I HOPE YOU ALL DIE!

    You don't have the guts to cancel my account. You're a wuss!

    DIE!

    DIE!!"

    heh.. See how quickly they cancel the account,

    Evan Platt, Dec 1, 2006
  14. From: "Evan Platt" <>

    | heheh.. reply back..
    |
    | "TAKE YOUR ACCOUNT AND SHOVE IT! I HOPE YOU ALL DIE!
    |
    | You don't have the guts to cancel my account. You're a wuss!
    |
    | DIE!
    |
    | DIE!!"
    |
    | heh.. See how quickly they cancel the account,

    :)

    David H. Lipman, Dec 1, 2006