New Cable/DSL Broadband Speedtest and Support Forums **Now Open**

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by ISPgeek, Nov 24, 2006.

  1. ISPgeek

    ISPgeek Guest

    Looking for a broadband speed test that works reliably at high
    speeds anywhere in the country? Need help for hardware, software,
    anything cable or dsl related or drivers and utilities? ISPgeeks
    offers so much more than that with no banners, no ads and no
    begging for your money in any way whatsoever. The site is
    non-commercial, privately funded by someone who just got tired of
    the way people are treated in virtually ALL of the other places similar
    in type. Feel safe in knowing your questions will be answered quickly
    and without making you feel like an idiot (like many sites do). Our
    moderators and site admin are all currently working in the technology
    industry in some form of support capacity so rest assured you will get
    the very best advice!

    Come help make ISPgeeks.com THE place to come for help in all things
    technology related. We are also looking for additional site admin and
    moderators so if you think you have what it takes please inquire.

    http://www.ISPgeeks.com

    Free Hardware and Software Support
    Free Broadband Speed Test
    Free Web Hosting (no banners, no popups, NO JOKE!)
    Free Music Streams (1 Office Safe, 1 Not Office Safe)
    No Banners, No Popups, No Advertising of ANY Type
    Register today and help us show the rest just how Support Websites
    are supposed to work!
    http://www.ISPgeeks.com

    Access the Broadband Speedtest directly at

    http://ispgeeks.com/wild/modules.php?name=Bandwidth_Meter_DSL

    (upon instant FREE registration)

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0649-2, 11/20/2006
    Tested on: 11/24/2006 11:27:24 AM

    ISPgeek, Nov 24, 2006

  2. ISPgeek

    PeterD Guest

    Wow! FREE registration! Like anyone with half a brain will give you
    anything seeing that you are only a SPAMMER! Go away... (Oh, and yes,
    I'll be notifying your ISP as to your SPAMMING tactics... Kiss that
    Internet connection bye-bye!)

    PeterD, Nov 24, 2006

  3. From: "PeterD" <>

    | Wow! FREE registration! Like anyone with half a brain will give you
    | anything seeing that you are only a SPAMMER! Go away... (Oh, and yes,
    | I'll be notifying your ISP as to your SPAMMING tactics... Kiss that
    | Internet connection bye-bye!)

    Yepper. Why go there when there is DSLReports !

    David H. Lipman, Nov 24, 2006
  4. ISPgeek

    ISPgeek Guest

    Thank you for the kind words. I'm sorry to see that you won't
    be stopping by and visiting for a while. You obviously have not
    been to the site which so far has been very nicely received by
    most.

    ISPgeek
    http://www.ISPgeeks.com/

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0649-2, 11/20/2006
    Tested on: 11/24/2006 5:57:19 PM

    ISPgeek, Nov 24, 2006
  5. ISPgeek

    ISPgeek Guest

    Some people don't like DSL reports or their attitudes. They tend to make
    the less tech savy people feel a bit uncomfortable and for many the site
    is hard to navigate. It's all about choices and you may choose not to visit
    the site. This is your option.

    Thank you for the kind words. I'm sorry to see that you won't
    be stopping by and visiting for a while. You obviously have not
    been to the site which so far has been very nicely received by
    most.

    ISPgeek
    http://www.ISPgeeks.com/

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0649-2, 11/20/2006
    Tested on: 11/24/2006 6:00:08 PM

    ISPgeek, Nov 24, 2006
  6. ISPgeek

    ISPgeek Guest

    Actually there was no violation of acceptable use policies
    here or anywhere. I used a valid email address, I am not
    a commercial site. And the posts were made in very
    selective groups where the site might be of use to
    people. Not to mention I have responded to your
    complaints personally. Now you may not like it but
    this is a public forum, not YOUR forum. I passed
    on legit information that can benefit people. You
    may not like it....sorry, there's always one in this bunch
    who thinks they own the newsgroup.

    Cheers!

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0649-2, 11/20/2006
    Tested on: 11/24/2006 6:18:18 PM

    ISPgeek, Nov 24, 2006
  7. ISPgeek

    ISPgeek Guest

    And second...their speed tests really suck. And that may actually be an
    understatment.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0649-2, 11/20/2006
    Tested on: 11/24/2006 6:19:00 PM

    ISPgeek, Nov 24, 2006
  8. ISPgeek

    Travis M. Guest

    I went to the site to try to get a network problem fixed and after
    spending many hours with them they gave up for the day.

    The site is a work in progress. Some things don't work like I expect.
    Forum postings go unanswered as do private messages.

    We will see.

    Travis M., Nov 25, 2006
  9. ISPgeek

    ISPgeek Guest

    Travis,

    As I told you in the last PM reply just a few minutes ago. The 2 people
    besides
    that you were talking to besides myself live in Tampa, FL. It's now 11:21pm
    here and we wasted about 2 hours of time trying to find out why you couldn't
    post which ultimately was caused by your changing your profile timezone
    after you had posted for the very first time.

    See:
    http://ispgeeks.com/wild/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=50#151

    I'm sure they will respond to your messages tomorrow. Again sorry for the
    issues regarding your account. I will take care of the timezone issue for
    you
    here.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0649-2, 11/20/2006
    Tested on: 11/24/2006 11:25:32 PM

    ISPgeek, Nov 25, 2006
  10. From: "ISPgeek spgeeks.com>" <[email protected]<nospamforme>

    | Some people don't like DSL reports or their attitudes. They tend to make
    | the less tech savy people feel a bit uncomfortable and for many the site
    | is hard to navigate. It's all about choices and you may choose not to visit
    | the site. This is your option.
    |
    | Thank you for the kind words. I'm sorry to see that you won't
    | be stopping by and visiting for a while. You obviously have not
    | been to the site which so far has been very nicely received by
    | most.

    I don't purchase from or or visit the sites of spammers.

    David H. Lipman, Nov 25, 2006
  11. ISPgeek

    ISPgeek Guest

    That is certainly your option, however there is nothing to purchase because
    we don't sell anything. The site isn't for profit in fact the entire
    expense
    for the site and related servers is paid for by me. I expect nothing from
    my guests other than they have a good time, learn and share. Thats it.

    So do as you please....nobody is forcing you to come to the site...

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0649-2, 11/20/2006
    Tested on: 11/25/2006 12:46:58 AM

    ISPgeek, Nov 25, 2006
  12. ISPgeek

    Travis M. Guest

    There are no ads and no expense.

    Travis M., Nov 25, 2006
  13. ISPgeek

    PeterD Guest

    And you think people like spammers like you?
    And we told you our choice--calling you what you are: a spammer
    Trust me, we're being kind. And, no we don't go to spammer's sites.

    PeterD, Nov 25, 2006
  14. ISPgeek

    Evan Platt Guest

    I was just having fun with the ISPGeek moron over on
    alt.marketing.ebay group (eBay'ers use high speed internet, so my spam
    would be helpful to them!).. so when I realized he spammed about a
    dozen other groups, I forwarded a abuse complaint off. I suggest
    others do so also.

    Evan Platt, Nov 25, 2006
  15. From: "Evan Platt" <>

    | On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 05:41:59 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    |
    | I was just having fun with the ISPGeek moron over on
    | alt.marketing.ebay group (eBay'ers use high speed internet, so my spam
    | would be helpful to them!).. so when I realized he spammed about a
    | dozen other groups, I forwarded a abuse complaint off. I suggest
    | others do so also.

    GigaNews is slow to react. However, they FINE their subscribers on a per spam basis. :)

    Send abuse messages to both the web hosting abuse address and to GigaNews.

    David H. Lipman, Nov 25, 2006
  16. ISPgeek

    ISPgeek Guest

    No ads, no expense, no begging for money, zip, nadda.....

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0649-2, 11/20/2006
    Tested on: 11/25/2006 12:49:27 PM

    ISPgeek, Nov 25, 2006
  17. ISPgeek

    ISPgeek Guest

    Spam does not talk back....you just don't get it. No violation of this
    group has been made. I didnt just hit and run...I'm here to stay....

    You would have been better off ignoring the my post....

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0649-2, 11/20/2006
    Tested on: 11/25/2006 12:51:02 PM

    ISPgeek, Nov 25, 2006
  18. ISPgeek

    ISPgeek Guest

    Giganews does not fine those are participating in the very groups that
    they post an occasional website advert for. As for my webhost...I
    am the host! Nice try....

    Now...for those eBay'ers who want to get some help with their
    broadband connections.....

    http://www.ISPgeeks.com

    Free Hardware and Software Support
    Free Broadband Speed Test
    Free Web Hosting (no banners, no popups, NO JOKE!)
    Free Music Streams (1 Office Safe, 1 Not Office Safe)
    No Banners, No Popups, No Advertising of ANY Type
    Register today and help us show the rest just how Support Websites
    are supposed to work!

    Thank you for coming by...

    ISPgeek

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0649-2, 11/20/2006
    Tested on: 11/25/2006 12:55:33 PM

    ISPgeek, Nov 25, 2006
  19. ISPgeek

    ISPgeek Guest

    Fine...we've heard your point of view...thank you!

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0649-2, 11/20/2006
    Tested on: 11/25/2006 12:56:33 PM

    ISPgeek, Nov 25, 2006
  20. ISPgeek

    PeterD Guest

    Ah, so you admit you're a spammer! Good.
    Uh, moron, you have an ISP to connect to the internet.

    In your case:

    69.73.188.120 US UNITED STATES TEXAS HOUSTON JAGUAR
    TECHNOLOGIES LLC

    Uh, yes, I've contacted them. And will do so again.

    PeterD, Nov 25, 2006