    Any recommendations for a good printer to use with a Nikon D-70? Remember
    you're talking to a biginner

    Thanks for any and all help.

    Fazackerley, Jun 13, 2004

  2. Fazackerley

    Skip M Guest

    How good? How much do you want to spend? Do you want a printer that has
    production that will rival chemical prints? Then try the Epson 2200 or
    Canon S9900i. Do you just want to amaze family and friends? Then try the
    Epson R800 or Canon 960i.

    Skip M, Jun 13, 2004

  3. Fazackerley

    Bob Williams Guest

    Actually they are all pretty good. Certainly good enough for a beginner.
    Experienced users tend to prefer Epson, Canon and H-P, probably in that
    order.
    For a first printer, I'd suggest any Epson or Canon under $100.
    If you outgrow it in a few years, by then you will then know the pros
    and cons of the available printers
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Jun 13, 2004
  4. Fazackerley

    Paul Howland Guest

    I don't bother with photo printers at all these days. You can get far
    better commercial prints done for only a few cents per print at your
    local photo store. The quality rivals a traditional 35mm print, and
    works out cheaper than doing it yourself. Here in Holland I can just
    upload my pictures on the web and collect them from the local store 2-3
    days later. I'm sure the same is possible elsewhere.

    I became thoroughly disillusioned with photos printers after seeing how
    much ink they use and the price of the consumables. Furthermore,
    companies like Epson go out of their way to maximise your ink usage - my
    colour cartridge on my Photo 890 will literally go from full to empty
    over a 6 month period even if I don't make a single colour print - just
    the on/off cycle empties the cartridge. EPson have also admitted
    makring cartridges as empty when they're still 33% full, to "maintain
    print quality". Complete scam.

    I recommend you save your money and get better prints and much better
    prices at your local store!

    Paul Howland, Jun 13, 2004
  5. Fazackerley

    nixjunk Guest

    How good? How much do you want to spend? Do you want a printer that has
    Actually it is the R800 that will do the most to rival chemical prints since it
    offers the best quality out of any inkjet printer today.

    nixjunk, Jun 13, 2004
  6. Fazackerley

    SumJuan Guest

    Or the R300 which is plenty good enough for a "biginner" and at half the
    price of the R800.

    SumJuan, Jun 13, 2004
  7. My 895 does exactly the same thing. If the black cartridge needs unclogging
    quite regularly (mine seems to) I need to replace the colour cartridge
    every 2-3 months, even if I don't print anything in colour. You'd have
    thought they'd have provided an option to unclog just one cartridge,
    wouldn't you?

    I recently bought a Canon printer to replace the Epson for day to day use.
    It cost about the same as 2 Epson colour cartridges and consumables for it
    cost about 15% of those for the Epson. If Epson are hoping I'll buy another
    of their printers some day they're going to be disappointed. Not a
    chance...

    Derek Fountain, Jun 13, 2004
  8. Fazackerley

    G.T. Guest

    I completely agree. I won't be buying a printer, the prices for
    consumables are outrageous and the lengths the manufacturers go to to
    lockout 3rd party suppliers are disgusting.

    Greg

    G.T., Jun 14, 2004