New 4/3 lenses from Sigma

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alfred Molon, Feb 25, 2006.

  1. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Alfred Molon, Feb 25, 2006

  2. Alfred Molon

    Paul Furman Guest

    off-topic reply because I'm not talking about the oly mount version...

    Hmm, that's interesting. Just a bit wider than 'normal' on an APS sensor
    (maybe longer than 50mm eq. on an Oly?) and at 1.4! $450

    sample shots:
    http://qgyen.net/photos/category1071.aspx
    -what's that star shaped highlight stopped down?

    http://www.pbase.com/aroid/sigma_30mm_f14_ex_dc_hsm

    http://www.pbase.com/miljenko/sigma30

    The Nikkon 35mm f/2 isn't all that great so this may be worth looking at
    & the 28mm f/1.4 is like $1,800 which is just silly for what used to be
    a $100 f/1.8 normal prime.

    Paul Furman, Feb 25, 2006

  3. Alfred Molon

    Rich Guest

    These are lenses made for a 1.5x or 1.6x sensor, correct?
    They should work well with the 2x sensors since only the
    central portion of the light cone will be used.
    -Rich

    Rich, Feb 25, 2006
  4. Alfred Molon

    John Bean Guest

    No, only some of them. The rest are full frame. It's easy to
    check the spec without having to guess.

    John Bean, Feb 25, 2006
  5. Only the Sigma "DC" lenses are made for a 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 sensor.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Feb 26, 2006