    possible. My Lapop only has a CD/DVD RW drive and my desktop has a 51/4"
    1.2MB and 31/2" 1.44MB

    -Travis

    Travis, Nov 5, 2005

  2. Travis

    Brian Guest

    I never tried it but I imagine you could. Run the network setup on XP then
    create a disk with the netsetup on it for the win3.1 computer. Why not just
    upgrade the win3.1 to win98 (at least) though....unless you are just playing
    with it

    Brian, Nov 5, 2005

  3. Travis

    Lance Lyon Guest

    Easy to do (assuming you're running 3.11 WFG). You will need the Microsoft
    TCP/IP drivers & also make sure that NETBUI is installed on the XP machine
    (else the 3.x machine won't be able to browse the XP machine).

    cheers,

    Lance

    Lance Lyon, Dec 3, 2005