    to access the files on the main PC from the No 2 PC.

    Is this possible. Both systems run on WinXP. There is a Network card on the
    main PC. Basic question, but I have no idea.

    Guest, May 9, 2006

  2. Ben M. Schorr - MVP, May 9, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, May 9, 2006
  4. Hi

    I am Not sure what the Hardware that you got is?

    Ben's answer above takes care of the configuration in case you got yourself
    a USB Modem (which is Not a good choice).

    Typically you need an External Ethernet Modem a Wireless Cable/DSL Router
    and you can configure a combo of Wire and Wireless Network.

    It looks like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

    If you do have a Router do not configure your network the way it is
    explained the the geekgirles site since the configuration there uses ICS,
    and assumes that you do not have a Router.

    Post the exact model numbers of you r Hardware if you want a precise answer.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 9, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Do you mean the hardware detailed below. The modem is an ethernet connection,
    using the instructions seemed to work fine.

    How do you suggest that I set it up. Let me know if more details are
    required.

    Guest, May 12, 2006