Networking is not installed or not configured properly

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Martin, Jul 30, 2005.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hi,

    I have the above message in the Computer Name tab of my System properties.

    My internet connection works fine (sending this message from my computer),
    but my local windows network is stuffed.

    I have just added a wireless router to my network and changed my sub net
    from 192.168.0.* to 192.168.2.* subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

    I can ping other machines on my LAN, but not browse them with windows
    explorer.

    My local area connection properties lists
    Deterministic Network Enhancer (don't know where this came from)
    Virtual Machine Network Services
    File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
    QoS Packet Scheduler (don't know where this came from)
    BUFFALO Wireless Connection
    Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

    I want to get rid of the BUFFALO Wireless Connection. It's legacy
    software - my new wireless router is a Belkin. But when I try to remove it
    is says
    " Could not uninstall the BUFFALO Wireless Configuration component. BUFFALO
    Wireless Configuration is still required by the following component(s) and
    cannot be uninstalled until those components are uninstalled: BUFFALO
    WLI-CB-G54 Wireless LAN Adapter."

    I cannot see how to uninstall BUFFALO WLI-CB-G54 Wireless LAN Adapter.

    It is not listed in Add Remove programs, nor in my Device Manager. I do not
    have the physical card plugged into my laptop either.

    I've tried removing my ethernet adapter from device manager and rescanning
    hardware, but I just get the same broken set of drivers associated with the
    adapter when I rescan hardware.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Martin

    Martin, Jul 30, 2005

  2. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Derrrrrrr

    I was missing Client for Microsoft Networks.

    Still want to uninstall BUFFALO component though.

    Martin

    Martin, Jul 30, 2005