Network tools for managing smaller ISP MPLS network

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jmark, May 11, 2004.

  1. jmark

    jmark Guest

    Hi,
    I was wondering what network monitoring tools would be appropriate for
    managing some small ISP network (couple of POPs), very easy and intuitive
    design.
    Until now their tools were mrtg/rrd for monitoring links, processor etc.
    They will be deploying MPLS on their network, so now they are looking for
    something substantial.
    Routers are mainly 7200 and two 7600, some catalyst switches 4500.
    They definitely don't need Cisco IP Solution Center because it is overkill
    and it is really expensive.
    As for creating and propagating mlps vrfs they can manage it by hand because
    network is not that big. But they need some sort of console that will blink
    red if something goes wrong: i.e. router unreachable, alarm detected and
    etc.
    I am sure there are plenty of tools out there, commercial or opensource that
    would satisfy tehir needs. I'm looking for some experiences of similar
    smaller ISP's with managing their network.
    I already checked:
    SNMPc
    Cisco Works
    and some other less known tools.

    thanks,
    jmark

    jmark, May 11, 2004

  2. jmark

    Jenna Guest

    Hi,
    Did you check Monitoring Software http://www.monitoring-software.net ?

    Jenna

    Jenna, May 12, 2004

  3. jmark

    Satyr Guest

    Check the application called Adrem Netcrunch. Netcrunch can discover
    network ,create logical and physical maps, activate alerting actions,
    genarate raports. For more information check product website:
    http://www.adremsoft.com/netcrunch/index.php.

    satyr

    Satyr, May 25, 2004