Network Printing

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by WVMontani, Jan 2, 2011.

  1. WVMontani

    WVMontani Guest

    Not sure this is the right forum or not, but....

    I have a small network in my house. I'm running Windows 2000 server
    on all my server boxes (hey, its old but it works) and I have Windows
    XP and Windows 7 64-bit on my workstations.

    I am trying to print from the Windows 7 machine to an HP Photosmart
    7760 printer which is connected to my Print Server box (Also
    Win2000).

    When I try to add the HP7760 to my Windows 7 printer definitions, I
    get an error saying it cannot find a driver. HP says it does not make
    a Windows 7 driver for this printer. The weird thing is, if I connect
    the HP7760 directly to the Windows 7 box as a local printer, it prints
    just fine. But if I map to the HP7760 when it is connected to the
    Win2000 box, it says it cannot find a driver.

    Help me out here, please.

    -WVMontani

    WVMontani, Jan 2, 2011

  2. WVMontani

    Paul Guest

  3. WVMontani

    Steve Foster Guest

    Since you've successfully installed it as a local printer, just update
    the port for the local printer to point to the network location. Or if
    you'd prefer to keep that in reserve, just add another local printer,
    but specify a new port of "\\network\share".

    Steve Foster, Jan 3, 2011