Network Printer not showing up on wirelss desktop

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by scottnoddin, Sep 5, 2006.

  1. scottnoddin

    scottnoddin Guest

    Hello,
    I have Windows XP Home on my desktop with a HP Photosmart 1115 Printer
    hooked up to it. I have a laptop with Windows XP Pro. I am using a
    router to get internet to both CPU's. The desktop has a wire from the
    router, the laptop is wireless. The internet works fine. Now I am
    trying to set up a shared printer. I have selected my printer to share
    in the printers folder and ran the Network Setup Wizard. When I try to
    add a network printer by browsing on my laptop it sees the computer
    labelled Basement (desktop) but there is no printers under it. I can't
    figure out why it won't show up. When I browse for a network printer on
    my basement computer (desktop) the printer shows up. I think this
    problem has something to do with the XP Home not sharing its files and
    printers properly because it is the same for file sharing. I'm not
    overly concerned about the file sharing but if someone could help with
    the printer it would be great. If I need to give more information just
    let me know.
    Thanks!

    scottnoddin, Sep 5, 2006