    Not Found error). Neither computer shows up in the other's Network Devices
    list on MSFT BBND Network Utility screen.

    Any ideas? How can I share the files?

    JK in Oregon, Nov 13, 2006

  2. JK in Oregon

    Chris H. Guest

    What anti virus software or third-party firewall might you be running? If
    you've got anything Norton or McAfee on those systems, that's probably doing
    the blocking.

    Chris H., Nov 14, 2006

  3. JK in Oregon

    JK in Oregon Guest

    I have Symantic Antivirus Corporate Edition on the XP machine, and AVG on the
    Win2K machine
    I have Zone Alarm firewall on both machines.

    Will it be possible to access files on the XP machine? Isn't there some
    setting I can set in Symantic or Zone Alarm?

    JK in Oregon, Nov 14, 2006
  4. JK in Oregon

    JK in Oregon Guest

    OK - I got it - I had to manipulate the Zone Alarm firewall - add each
    other's IP Address to the trusted zone, and everything worked out.

    Thank yoU!
    JK

    JK in Oregon, Nov 14, 2006
  5. JK in Oregon

    Chris H. Guest

    Good deal. Usually, those are pretty aggressive applications and you need
    to set them up to allow the communications between machines. Glad you got
    it working.

    Chris H., Nov 14, 2006