    Anyone got any ideas? Am running XP Pro SP2.

    Thanks
    Michael

    Guest, May 9, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Sorry, should have done this before the first posting...

    from the control panel if I click on Windows Firewall I get the error
    "because of an unspecified error Windows Firewall is unable to start". If I
    click on Net Connections from here the control panel hangs.

    How can I turn off firewall and bypass either of those utilities?

    Guest, May 9, 2006

  3. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 10, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    youcan disable the Microsoft firewall by r-clicking on MYNetwork Places,
    properties, R-c Local area Connection, properties, avanced, settings,Off

    Guest, May 11, 2006